Internet outages for several days report by CNN

Palatkik

Here in Sweden all is normal/perfect to all sites around the world - OK, never visit any taiwanese sites...

KS, I use google as startpage and never, ever had any problems with google so much be a thai interent problem.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never before thought about where google.se is located, so now pinged it and it went to google.com at 72.14.205.99 - USA.

Also checked www.taiwan.net.tw and very fast connection - checked the IP 202.39.225.138 and yes located in Taiwan, province of China (!) - don't know if the taiwanese government likes that. :)

CNN has been blabbing about this cut cable for hours now, so it likely is a real issue. I just find it odd that I am not experiencing any effects at the epicenter...

The earthquake was cool. That one was the first one I have actually felt. I thought I was on a boat for a minute or two there! The closet door was opening & closing and the drapes were swinging like in a breeze.

Cheers,

SD

Earthquakes are interesting ,

been thru all the few big ones in LA ,

You never know how big it will be as it shaking ,

then it stops :)

I am about 30 -40 miles from the center and it was a pretty good ride here with no damage,

It must have been a real wild ride out in the SF valley near the center !

As far as disasters , I would rather have an earthquake over few years than hurricanes, tornados or even snow storms ...

OC

Archived