Toyota Hilux v Isuzu D-Max

torrenova

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
If it's one pit and a couple of guys asleep forget it.

Maybe a car with better quality... :)

Toyotas are good and Isuzus not so bad, but don't buy a Ford even if they say it's the same inside as Isuzu, we bought a Ford and gave it back after a week.

Elef,

Isuzu and Chevrolet are pretty much the same, as explained by somebody else.

Mazada Fighters are pretty much the same as Ford Rangers.

Have a Ford Ranger 4 door pick up myself and never had a problem with it. Love that car!

If I had the choice only between Toyota and Isuzu I'd choose Toyota enytime. Their pick up cabins are the spaciest available.

Had a look at the new Mistubushi recently and although I think they look rather funny, the cabins looked rather luxurous and spacious.

I brought a Vigo 2 door, %L inter Turbo, approx 18 months ago, done 83,000 Since. Great pickup, good power, suspension ordinary but that will be the case for all while they persist with the stupid tax regs. Still got the original tires on, they are crap but can't complain about the mileage from them. Last trip to BKK the front shocks went, cheap enough to replace ( the previous Mistu they only lasted 35 K)

Would I buy another, sure would ! its a great pickup.

Pity they don't sell some of their export only models as I drove a 4 L V6 in OZ, way better suspension and better engine.

My neighbour bought a Toyota Wish last week. I'd never heard of them, he says they're only made for the Thai and Malaysia market.

Funny inside, three rows of two seats, auto gear lever on the dashboard.

We took it for a run to Chiang Mai on Sunday, satellite navigation was great fun, large easy to read screen. Don't know if it's standard, his driver refused to look at it anyway.

Two liter engine was slow overtaking in the mountains on steep grades.

I wont be changing my D Max for one, that's for sure.

Izuzu is a mostly truck manufacturer. GM does not own Izuzu. One time, they did have a small percentage ownership. Long gone now.

But my question would be, which country is either manufacturerd in? Are they both made in Thailand?

Izuzu by far would be my pick for a truck.

I bought a '99 Mitsi 4WD pick-up, third hand a few years ago, in Laos, but with Thai driving side. In spite of its age, it is in pretty good nick, and put up with a hell of a beating over the past couple of years by me on some dreadful roads (almost worse then off-road. takes a bit of maintenance, especially on suspension, but it is high, safe and reliable. saved my life a couple of times I think. Unless I would only drive in town, I'd never consider buying anything else , in LOS as well as in Laos.

The extra protection alone by being higher up in a fairly sturdy car compared to a Corolla or a Honda Jazz or so, is worth the little trade off in terms of luxury. being higher up is also a bonus in BKK traffic, getting just a little more overview of the traffic.

In 2001/2002, I drove a 2door toyota 2wd Tiger for a while, mainly around rural thailand, which convinced me when i came back i'd want a pick-up.

I'd have bought a Toyota in preference to the Mitsi If i could have, but this was just a matter of price vs availability in Laos secondhand (Tax free). And in the end I don't think it matters all that much.

Archived