Toyota Hilux v Isuzu D-Max

torrenova

The extra protection alone by being higher up in a fairly sturdy car compared to a Corolla or a Honda Jazz or so, is worth the little trade off in terms of luxury. being higher up is also a bonus in BKK traffic, getting just a little more overview of the traffic.

The latest model Hilux and D-Max are probably more luxurious than the Corolla or Jazz, at least a lot more spacious in the front.

For a good combination of Car and Pick up, you can't beat the Toyota Fortuner, Mine has done 50,000 KM in 18 Months and it hasn't missed a beat, either on the dirt tracks of Nakon Nowhere or blasting up and down the Bang na -Trat at 180 KPH.

The problem is (or my case advantage) they hold their value well. I will probably trade mine in at 3 years or 100,000 when the warranty expires for another new one and it will cost me about 400,000 Baht.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not that familiar with SUV's. What is the difference between the Fortuner and the Prado?

400k to trade in for a new one, 133k per year= approx US $3.6k/year write down.

I believe the advantage of a pickup in LOS is the lower tax status, hence lower newprice, and a good one will hold their price the same.

Mind you, I bought my then 7 yr old pickup in Laos duty free for 8.5 K $$, and when I sell it after three years, I'll probably get back about 6K. $800 per year. i'm not complaining.

Of course, I'd love to drive a Fortune or Prado, just not cost effective in my situation. And you can't fit a big trailbike in the back, when you need to.

Archived