Toyota Hilux v Isuzu D-Max

torrenova

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried both last year, found the Isuzu D Max to be the smoother ride and in my opinion looks better.

Re Finance, all done by my missus so cannot help on figures other than 200,000 down then monthly repayments. Brought new from Isuzu showroom other side of the river (cannot remember the area name)

We went for the 2 door model in silver grey (sorry not up on the tech specs).

Drove it for two months before returning to the UK, I can honestly say no problems, smooth ride, good handling. Drove around Bangkok only so quick response was needed and the D Max responded well.

Since then it has gone upcountry and is now a work horse, wife says no mech problems

I got the D Max, my neighbour's got the Toyota, we bought the same week in 2005... much the same same.

Before you buy check out the back of the shop, if, like I saw, there are a dozen pits, half a dozen lifts and more than twenty mechanics all busy there's a good chance that some one there can fix anything that goes wrong. If it's one pit and a couple of guys asleep forget it.

If it's one pit and a couple of guys asleep forget it.

Maybe a car with better quality... :)

Toyotas are good and Isuzus not so bad, but don't buy a Ford even if they say it's the same inside as Isuzu, we bought a Ford and gave it back after a week.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the choice and bought the Toyota 4 dr. Price of Toyota/Isuzu are literally identical at similar trim levels. Isuzu and Chevrolet Colorado are identical cars except for sheet metal, remember Isuzu is General Motors product since GM owns much of Isuzu. Decision on purchase was long-term relizance of Toyota in general and looks--beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Archived