Major Police Presence in Nana this Evening with Dogs

Gadfly

I remember a case a while back in, I think Phetchaburi.

The cops were called to a public building to investigate a suspect package.

The news crews arrived and film it. On the Thai news it showed him approach the package, inspect it up close, and when he got brave enough he shook it.

The fucking thing exploded in his face and killed him!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Though the OP contained only a little information, it is still information and the continued posting of intelligence that might help some avoid "gross unpleasantness" is encouraged.

Correct; it only contained a little bit of information because I only had a little bit of information. The information was sufficient for me to decide that a change of venues was a good idea, but other than obvious speculation here (maybe it was a major drug bust and not a bomb?), I really don't what it was all about? Does anyone have any reliable intelligence?

Incidentally, and anyone who lives in Bangkok and rides the underground (subway) will have noticed this, the guards at the entrance to underground stations started asking passengers to open bags for (cursory) inspection. It's very basic, not particularly intrusive and (my guess) probably not very effective, but it is a noticeable change from just a few days ago. If you are a foreigner or even an aggressive Thai, you can easily shove thorough without opening your bag (I saw a few Thais and one Farang do this) and there don't appear to be any consequences, other than getting into the station faster than everyone else.

Archived