Major Police Presence in Nana this Evening with Dogs

Gadfly

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Years ago, there was a bomb scare at MBK. Somebody spotted an apparently abandoned attache case on a bench. Security called the cops, who took it outside and blew it up. Just before the cops set off the charge, some guy came running out yelling NO! NO! Too late. The charge went boom and the guy's company papers went flying all over the car park.

:dunno:

Sometimes it can be more dangerous to evacuate' date=' you have to act upon the intelligence you have.

[/quote']

Well, that would certainly explain the Thai inability to act. :)

The ability to know exactly what to do comes with experience (sometimes bitter experience) I remember in the eighties someone put what looked like a bomb (well I thought it did although I had never seen one) on a bench in Manchester.

The intelligent western police made a WPC guard it for an hour advising people not to stop and stare, she asked me if I would mind staying with her, which fuc....... stupidly I did.

Turned out after the bomb squad got there a couple of hours later to be a student prank.

If it was to happen in Manchester now the area for miles around would be evacuated for two to three days. The bomb squad and anti terroist squads would be activated and no doubt SAS put on standby.

Archived