Buying Property in Thailand

thefezman

Hi Guys,

I have been looking for the first time to purchase property in LOS and would like some feedback on any perils or pitfalls which might await me. I have seen a certain construction in Hua Hin which really grabs my attention and is due for completition this month. I fly out to LOS in March for a short period of time and was going to use my days to view property.

The property would be something I would holiday in and not live in. I would also think about letting it out when Im not around.

If anyone can advise me on the financial side of things that would be great. i.e. costs incurred when purchasing, service charges etc.

Has anyone got any horror stories or these days is it a realistic option?

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks!

Overall thai real estate is not a great investment...

sure some things rise and people cash in but most real estate seem to be iffy due to overbuilding, low quality, thias don't like second hand homes, etc

Second, unless you are thai or planning to incoporate you can't own. Why jump through hoops if you can buy real estate in your own country and probably know a lot more about than compared to the thai markets....

If it is going to be your prime residence, then the second objective could be as an investment if lucky...

CB

Surely if they do this the condo market is going to fall apart, no way can that many Thais afford condos with the current asking prices so inflated...

As an aside, there's a lot of unfinished condo developments about now...with no work being done on them...

Archived