English teacher is paedophile suspect

elef

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The term ‘Schedule one offender’ and ‘Schedule one offence’ has been commonly used for anyone convicted of an offence against a child listed in of the Children and Young Persons Act 1933. However, a conviction for an offence in schedule one was determined solely by the age of the victim and the offence for which the offender was sentenced and not by an assessment of future risk of harm to children. The list included people who may have harmed children (e.g. because they injured a child in a road traffic accident) but may not represent a current risk to children.

Therefore the use of the term ‘Schedule One Offender’ has been replaced with the term ‘Risk to children’ which indicates that a person has been identified as presenting a risk or potential risk to children.

The Home Office has therefore issued revised guidance in Home Office Circular 16/2005, which explains how to identify those who pose a risk, or potential risk to children. The circular gives a new list of offences as a trigger to further assessment as well as some guidance on relevant issues (e.g. the issue of whether juvenile offenders who offend against a child may constitute a continued risk to children).

Once an individual is sentenced and identified as a potential risk to children agencies have a responsibility to work collaboratively to monitor and manage a risk to children. Where the offender is given a community sentence Offender Managers in the Probation Service or Youth Offending Team workers monitor the risk of harm and liaise with others agencies as appropriate.

If the offender has received a custodial sentence prison establishments have responsibilities to notify other agencies prior to any period of release.

The attitudes we saw from the 2 fishermen who raped and murdered the young farang girl down in Koh Samui last year or the year before seems to be fairly widespread among the uneducated upcountry young men.

I missed this one. Just did a search back but not finding it. Is there a thread on it?

It was back in Takky's time. The crew of a fishing boat anchored off the beach were watching blue movies and two of them decided to go ashore to a brothel. When they swam to the beach, they saw a Brit backpacker gal talking on the phone (to her mother). They decided to save their money and rape her. The mother heard a shriek, then silence. They knocked out the gal with a beach umbrella pole and took turns at her. They finished by dragging her into the surf to drown, and swam back to their boat. They bragged about shagging a Farang and how tasty she was. :p

Takky saw all of the negative publcity Samui was getting and ordered the police to solve the murder NOW! They did in a couple of days, using the phone call and satellite photos to identify the place and what boats were there. When the cops questioned the fishing boat crews, the other men on the boat pointed to the perps and told what they knew. The Thai police can be very efficient ... if somebody higher up leans on them and makes them do their job. Otherwise, they just go through the motions.

When they swam to the beach, they saw a Brit backpacker gal talking on the phone (to her mother). They decided to save their money and rape her. The mother heard a shriek, then silence.

The horror for the mother is beyond my comprehension.

Several threads on TV covering different incidents if you run a search. Remind me not to do that again. I can handle fiction. It's the non-fiction stuff that..

I really don't have issues with the death penalty anymore.

I really don't have issues with the death penalty anymore.

Listening to Mike Tyson talk about his time in prison, a swift execution seems a whole lot more humane than some of these guys deserve. The irony is that Tyson was thrown in with the very people who would literally kill to make a name for themselves as the guy who took Iron Mike out, while rock spiders are kept away from the general prison population.

Archived