90 Days in 6 Months Now 60 Days??

MooNoi

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes SD, all seems clear that you enter as many times as you want as long as you just stay maximum 90 days. There're a lot of guys working in other countries who are working in not so pleasant countries flying to LOS 1 or 2 weekends every month and they are big spenders or more popular quality tourists.

Still the thai consulate in Hull writes:

Please note that three entries (maximum) are allowed within any 6-month period under this rule.

but that isn't on the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand.

i also noticed that the immigration officer starts to count the days i stayed in LOS and writes them manually in the passport when I left last time (i am also on visa exemption in LOS); quite a difficult exercise for some of the officers, in particular when you stayed over month end!

this would indicate, that the 90days/6 month rule is correct and not the 3 entries/6 month!

i will see soon!

OK, as i am currently abroad i let my travel agency check at the airport immigration (Suvannaphumi) office:

they have following policy on people with visa exemption: they do not mind how many times one enter but total days of stay must not exceed 90 days.

if you want to get confirmation yourself, call +66 02 1340320

Right. So it sounds like the guy at the immigration booth at the border was just wanting to be a first-class prick. TIT indeed.

True, but welcome to the third world. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win.

I have used the bribe thing a number of times to avoid paying large fines. E.g., last time I overstayed in Indonesia (had problems with biz and the bastards will not extend the visa-on-arrival) and owed 2M rupiah in fines. I told the guy at the counter I did not want to pay that much. We negotiated for 20 minutes until my fine was reduced to 700K rupiah ("I'll give you 500K to let me pass;" "No, the fine is 2M;" "OK, but I want a receipt;" "Cannot do;" "OK, I'll go tomorrow and pay the fine at the head office;" "Wait! OK, give me 1.5M;" "Too much;" etc, etc, etc.). Do *that* in farangland!

Cheers,

SD

three entries are allowed under the visa exemption rule. You can keep getting tourist visas as a way to enter the country..

no, that is wrong! you can keep coming as many weekends as you want, as long as the total stay does not exceed 90 days during 6 months

Archived