Class Action in the Pipeline

bust

Before the airport opened an Airline manager (small low cost) told me the runways would not last as wrong spec. concrete on the landing areas. They should apparently have a proportion of rubber in the concrete which stops the runways tearing up when a jet lands.

So to me the story make sense!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's true guys. It is not really related to domestic flights they are planning to move to the old airport to save on fees. They are talking about closing large sections of the new airport and moving some INTERNATIONAL flights back temporarily due to the required repairs.

All my info is from articles I had read in the Bkk Post and the Nation so not exactly a secret. They are still figuring out exactly how much needs to be closed down and for how long. They did say the repairs will take MANY MONTHS and cost millions!

If you walk in the new airport you will notice how they have the middle of the hallways cluttered with bars/restaurants/shops and it can be quite narrow/congested on the sides. The roof leaks when it rains, concrete cracking, runways cracking. The list goes on and on.

This is Thailand!

There were constant news reports about problems with the runways. But Thaksin got the Post to retract them ... and I think fire the reporter who wrote them.

Still, I can't see them shutting the whole thing down.

The poor sod got definately fired and there was a big row to cover up the wrongdoings of the guys in charge, who were messing up.

Archived