It's only a T-shirt

bust

Even in the bastion of perceived idiocy (America), it has been deemed that there are limits to free speech. For example crying "Fire" in a crowded cinema is not an allowable expression of free speech (unless there is one of course!).

However, its clear from the article, the guy is a wanker. Pure and simple. I would make the f*cker walk home.

-j-

I remember when the "free speech" movement began at Bezerkley. There was a character in a then showing James Bond flick named Pussy Galore. The students at some fraternity or dorm decided to nominate a fictitious student named Pussy Galore for student body president. Then they started putting up posters saying "We love Pussy" and that sort of thing. Other students replied with signs saying "Fuck Pussy". When the administration told them to knock of profanity, the students got up in arms -- demanding their "freedom of speech".

The whole thing was an effing joke! Attention getting, pure and simple ...

p.s. Now at UCSB, we were adult! We just had a candidate named Wonderful Warthog. Damn near won the election too. :)

Sigh.....

Buddha give me strength. I stand up for guys like this time and time again bust, but they keep sticking their heads in the noose. That rapist sleeze bag was all about racism, not sex, he just wanted to humiliate Australian girls, probably because one called him a wog at school. If you think of a solution give me a call and I might move back to OZ. I wont hold my breath waiting though.

Julian.......stay where you are. If your caucasian like I assume, you are a minority here. It doesn't bother me about the multiculturalism here. The problem is the world has gone so "politically correct" that you cannot do much. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of australians who's behaviour is just as appalling.

It's a question about both time and place for jokes and speaking about freedom of speech.

If you print a t-shirt with a joke about islam, Mohammed or Allah I don't recommend even to walk around in muslim parts of western cities, don't even expect to survive in Saudi, Iraq or Iran.

Seen from a muslims POV it's probably true that GWB is the terrorist #1.

Archived