Windows Vista Launched

pe7e

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question:

The other day I ran the Vista Compatibility test on a P4-1.8 with half a gig of RAM. I was told that I could run the second lowest of the four versions, whatever it was...

No doubt I COULD run it on that box, but at what sort of efficiency? I remember when XP came out installing it on a PII-266 and it worked all right, but in slow motion. I had to uninstall it.

So, never mind the "minimum" requirements, what sensible requirements have guys here found to be tolerable?

I am running it since Thursday afternoon and the only problem I had was the ownership of some pictures since it was on the hard drive before.

That was very time consuming because the folder wasn't passing the rights to the files which I thought it should. Once I knew how it worked it was pretty easy and now I got some delicate thailand pictures protected so that noone else but me can open them. It is 64bit encryption which is pretty awesome! The networking opportunities are amazing, I have installed an intranet and now I will be able to access my encrypted files from thailand as well.

2 crashes so far and they happened with 32 bit programs which will be upgraded soon!

I am a mac geek but this thing comes really really close to the perfomrance of my mac now!

Question:

The other day I ran the Vista Compatibility test on a P4-1.8 with half a gig of RAM. I was told that I could run the second lowest of the four versions, whatever it was...

No doubt I COULD run it on that box, but at what sort of efficiency? I remember when XP came out installing it on a PII-266 and it worked all right, but in slow motion. I had to uninstall it.

So, never mind the "minimum" requirements, what sensible requirements have guys here found to be tolerable?

Wait for the 2nd gen DirectX 10 graphics cards.

You want,

1) Dual core 64-bit processor.

2) 1 GB RAM.

3) SATA-II hard drives.

4) Wide-screen LCD.

5) DirectX 10 compatible Graphics Card.

Archived