Poll: Should the US take military action against Iran?

Fidel

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

re: china

china & the rest of the world tried to non-militarize space .. the vote in the UN was 149-1.

then china shoots a satellite down & the neo cons scream.

china holds enough US Treasury notes .. that if they dumped them on the market it could cause major harm to the $

this combined with oil potentially being traded in EUs presents a major challenge to US financial stability.

N Korea: there was a Clinton / N Korea agreement on the table when the neo-cons came in.. now N Korea has several Tokyo busters in stock & the same agreement will cost much more.

conservatives are as stupid as evangelicals.

beer, in pakistan, i bet its a jumping party scene there :smirk:

It's nay bad thanks Phil! Venues are thin on the ground but there's a good crew of interesting Gora (Farang) and locals here and the beer's not too expensive; about US$35 for 20 bottles :beer: . Spirits are cheap, around US$8 for a bottle of decent gin :drunk: .

Have a nice weekend!

:_party:

Guest lazyphil

i'm preparing my liver for next saturday night when two old friends come to visit me, i'm not much of a drinker for about 14 months and i know this isn't going to be pretty keeping up with these alcies :crazy: .....actually one of them went mountaineering in pakistan a number of years ago, looked pretty amazing scenery.

...actually one of them went mountaineering in pakistan a number of years ago, looked pretty amazing scenery.

It is indeed. And the people are actually really, really nice and hospitable (Bar a minority of extremists). In fact, they're the most hospitable people I've met.

Of course the place has it's downsides too.

If you've been keeping up with the news, there was another suicide bombing in Islamabad on Tuesday, at the airport, a few hours after I passed through on my way south. :rip:

There was also a grenade attack on the staff of Save the Children :yikes: .

These attacks are becoming more common. Expect to hear people start referring to the place as "the new Yugoslavia" in the not too distant future.

:(

On the other hand, as I mentioned earlier.. the beer is cheap and the people are nice!

valid reactions to the current radical US government are criticisms of this current administration are not necessarily criticisms of America in general.

American wars since Vietnam have been rather weird / self serving.

Vietnam .. based on lies.. the Gulf of Tonkin did not happen

Panama ??

Graneda ??

Yugoslavia .. Monica had a lot to do with the timing of that

Gulf 1 .. based on lies, no babies thrown from incubators & no Iraqi troop build up on the Saudi border

Gulf II .. I have no idea why we got to where we are today.

Iran .. the zionist cannot be the only armed country in the region .. not logical.

Guest lazyphil

oh come on some great movies were spawned from the vietnam war, can you imagine film history with no apocalypse now or platoon, not to mention flasher may not be around here to post so not all so bad :tophat:

valid reactions to the current radical US government are criticisms of this current administration are not necessarily criticisms of America in general.

American wars since Vietnam have been rather weird / self serving.

Vietnam .. based on lies.. the Gulf of Tonkin did not happen

Panama ??

Graneda ??

Yugoslavia .. Monica had a lot to do with the timing of that

Gulf 1 .. based on lies, no babies thrown from incubators & no Iraqi troop build up on the Saudi border

Gulf II .. I have no idea why we got to where we are today.

Iran .. the zionist cannot be the only armed country in the region .. not logical.

Ok, I will bite:

"Vietnam .. based on lies.. the Gulf of Tonkin did not happen'

Based on sound cold war strategy at the time, had to take up slack from the wimpy frogs. Tactically mismanaged

â??Panama ??â?Â

Panama would not even exist as country if not for US. As US has intervened many times not even sure which you are talking about. Maybe going in and getting Noriega? Maybe you are talking about making sure Panama Canal stays open? Why do you give a f*ck? I fso, boycott anything coming through the Canal.

â??Graneda ??â?Â

Why do you even give a F*ck? No one else did.

Gulf 1

OK, maybe the baby stuff was little exaggerated. What do you think oil price would be today if US (and a lot of other countries) had not gone in and kicked the shit head out? Biggest mistake is not to drive on to Baghdad after the slaughter on the hiway. Would have been a walk over. We just didnâ??t have the stomach for it.

Gulf II

Huge mistake. At this point, my attitude is let the poor motherf*ckers kill each other till there is nothing left. Would have happened in a less than 10 years when Saddam died anyway, we just sped it up a bit.

Or we could spend time going about what we have done to each other last century. Our we could talk about what the USSR did to its own population, or maybe China, how about what Germans did to non-Aryans (notice nice PC here). We could talk about French collaboration in WWII and how they turned over hundreds of thousand of Jews to the Nazi (assuming that actually happened). We could talk about what Turks killing Armenians, or the how in Balkans they have been killing each other periodically for thousands of years. We could talk about the Israeli killing 200 (or so) innocent Palestinians, we could talk about the how many people the â??Palestinians freedomâ? movement has killed over the 50 years.

Why donâ??t we just list every nasty thing every western country has ever done to any third world country. Or every thing every country has done to each other or itself. That would keep us busy for quite a while.

The list goes on and on. When you read history or current news, man's ability to bring suffering and abuse on itself is staggering.

You get right down to it, the only truly innocent people that have suffered in this century is the Tibetans and the invasion by China. But what have we done about that?

Jack hit is what.

What â??disgusts meâ? (to borrow a term) is when people get on their high horse and lecture from pulpit when in fact we are all guilty.

With apology to our non-Christian fellows (maybe muslims have a similar saying and just don't want to admit it at this time),

â??let he who is without sin, cast the first stoneâ?Â

:closemouth:

TH

A top Iranian cleric said on Friday the United States was within Iran's "firing range", a day after supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei vowed to hit back at US interests worldwide if attacked.

"Americans have surrounded us but it works to our advantage. They are within our firing range in the east, west and elsewhere,"

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,9294,2-10-1462_2067017,00.html

Archived