Poll: Should the US take military action against Iran?

Fidel

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look at it this way:

Yes, means only one more country to go .... and that is North Korea. Things are already fucked up, fucking them up a little bit more can't hurt too much? Naa?

No, means we got to deal with the shitty mess that we created. It is like playing in a sandbox only to find out that somebody has been shitting in the sand box.

Which means, can we have a third option ..... like can we invade Cuba ... aahhhh, we do have a chance of winning that war.

Guest lazyphil

I'm not a whoremonger anymore but here goes!!.....of course not, unless they attack isreal that is then action might be needed....infidel you really must stop thinking you're the only one who gives a damn about the 'poor brown people' in the ME.

Can I ask you what would you do right now if you were the president of the US, regardless of who has caused they mayhem, what would your plan be, you're keen to criticise but seem to lack any realistic solution......i repeat realistic and WORKABLE.

I nearly voted yes in the hope the US would bankrupt itself and break up into 50 separate countries that could then fight each other well clear of the rest of the world.

But I'd hate Fidel to judge me as a warmonger as well as a whoremonger.

trooper,

'But I'm not suprised if they decide to attack Irak too'

US already invaded Irak. ;-)

phil,

the embargo against Irak did work. hurt the people living there, but it effectively reduced Saddams stock of weapons of mass destruction.

An UN resolution not to buy Irans oil would maybe not change Ahmadinejads mind, but deny the mullahs the necessary funds.

Like so often before it is real difficult to stop an aggressive loony to steer his country into chaos. Even more so when two religious loonies heading a state have the same interests like Irak, oil, nukes.

I'm not convinced embargoes work, they only did with South Africa because none of their neighbors would trade with them anyway, but South Africa still developed a nuclear weapon with Israels support.

The Russians will ignore any UN decree and keep trading, and any shortfall in funds will come out of health, education etc the Mullahs making sure that the Western press get plenty of snaps of people starving in the street.

Personally I don't think Iraq came close to having anything really nasty and the evidence seems to prove me right.

Archived