NEP Closing at 1 am Now

Gadfly

About 15 years ago, Fantasia (NP) opened in the afternoon about 1 or 2. Had maybe 12 girls doing the pole shuffle. I'd drop in a couple/three times per week. Girls were pulling double shifts...afternoon at Fantasia and nights at Fantasia and a sister bar downstairs. Never had many customers and the quality of girls was better than what u see on the average today.

HH

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My best male friend in Pattaya always wants to hook up at 8pm, I love this guy but for going out at 8pm I want to kick him everytime. We are going to bars and then he starts telling me that the quality of girls is lacking nowadays. We have that discussion every time until I tell him that it is too early and the hotties are coming around 10pm!

9pm is the perfect time to take a shower and 9:45 to leave the condo. Why would I wanna be on walking street when the hot ones aren't there. Makes no sense to me!

I hate early closing but what's wrong with early opening to counteract it? Logically, you can maintain the same number of hours if you start earlier yet the bars are hardly alive at 8pm. Why is this? ...

Dollhouse at CEP was open at 4PM. Damn few customers. For expats, they go home after work, shower, go eat dinner, and by the time they get to the nightlife areas it is already 10PM. The tourists from USA, EU, Oz, Kiwi, Japan, etc. are used to going out to bars/clubs late at night. :twocents:

That is why the MOS collapsed when the early closing times hit.

My best male friend in Pattaya always wants to hook up at 8pm, I love this guy but for going out at 8pm I want to kick him everytime.

You want to kick him just for that? No wonder you Germans start so many wars! :D

9pm is the perfect time to take a shower and 9:45 to leave the condo. Why would I wanna be on walking street when the hot ones aren't there. Makes no sense to me!

But it WOULD if the girls were there. If the girls were there, I'd go. That'd give me more time for extra ogling and shags. :thumbup:

I'll throw one theory into the mix:

I think the customers don't go because the girls aren't there. The girls don't want to start earlier because:

a) They're lazy (and, in the case of Bangkok, don't really want to be seen leaving their rooms in broad daylight in their daily whore gear).

B) In a lot of cases, they look worse in more light. :shocked:

Germans do not start wars anymore! A friendly kick that is, like a "wake up dude" kick!

Even if the girls were there I wouldn't wanna go earlier, simply because I am not 20yo anymore and I like to take a nap or watch a movie from 7:00 to 8:30. I love to be active on daytime and do a lot of things, I need some rest!

I'll throw one theory into the mix:

I think the customers don't go because the girls aren't there. The girls don't want to start earlier because:

a) They're lazy (and, in the case of Bangkok, don't really want to be seen leaving their rooms in broad daylight in their daily whore gear).

Hmmm...I think there is another reason. Partying earlier in the night just isn't as much fun. There does seem to be natural rhythm to nightlife (I admit this deserves a better explanation, I am just not able to provide it now). This isn't just how I feel or you feel; we see concrete evidence of this in how bars actually work when there are no regulatory restrictions on the market.

The bars have tried to open earlier, but it just doesn't work. Go to bar early; there are sometimes BGs in the bars, but no customers. When you look at how this sort of market actually works in practice, it just doesn't seem to operate well until later in the night.

From my own personal perspective, I generally don't want to go out until at least 8 pm. And I am an American, a country where people go to bed very early. For Spaniards, where they eat at, what midnight?, the closing times must seem seem extraordinarily strange. The bars close before they even finish their evening meal.

I don't think this jells well Thai habits either. IHMO, experience, on this item, Thais tend more towards the Spanish end of the spectrum rather than the American end. I wonder if Thai venues are being affected by the latest change?

the hour between 1am and 2am is the one when people are drunk and spend the most money on lady drinks! The G-Spot guy told me that he makes 20% of his nights income between 0:30 to 1:30 even when the amount of people is smaller at late night!

The earlier closing times cater the older guys who don't wanna hang out until 3am anymore but the young people will be send home when they start to get in a good mood! It is bleeding out slowly! If you know someone running a Nana Bar ask him about the taxation on the leases for 2008.

Interesting. I have no way of verifying this, but what you say about the hour between 1 am and 2 am makes sense. It also makes sense that younger people want to stay out later, the exception being a few old farts like me, who refuse to age gracefully.

There is an irony to this: those being sent home to an early bed are often youngish farang couples and groups, particularly in the nicer (well, not so obviously p4p oriented venues) places. Those strictly interested in p4p arenâ??t really affected, but the type of tourists who will expand and broaden the tourist base here, are. OK, I admit I am asking too much when I expect sensible policies here, but it is still worth a pause and wonder.

I donâ??t know any bar owners in NEP. I kind of make a point of not knowing them (no offense intended). Anyone else know about taxation on leases in 2008. I am certain we must have at least a few Nana bar owners lurking here. Can anyone here elaborate on this?

I hate early closing but what's wrong with early opening to counteract it? Logically, you can maintain the same number of hours if you start earlier yet the bars are hardly alive at 8pm. Why is this? I can't work out whether it's the laziness of the girls making the punters not show up at those times or the punters not arriving early enough making the girls not bother. Which is it? :confused:

I'm a night-owl but I'd be willing to start my night earlier if the girls were only there.

I'm totally with Bibblies on that.

100%

I would go out earlier if the girls were there.

Seeing as most of them only want ST now, it would surely be in their best interests to start earlier in order to get another ST in?? :confused:

On the flip-side, it mightn't be in the interest of the punter who likes LT, as the girls would be even less keen to go early for an LT than they are now.

There is an irony to this: those being sent home to an early bed are often youngish farang couples and groups, particularly in the nicer (well, not so obviously p4p oriented venues) places.

Hehe yes! Hormones are better than Red Bull and Coffee together! I'd really like to spy on this youngish couples when they return from places like Nana or Walking. Dunno about you guys but where I come from both of them, male and female at the age of 16 to 30 are driven by jealousy attacks and nothing else! It totally cracks me up when a German couple around 25yo believes nobody would understand them, a thai hottie is looking at her German boyfriend (rather uninterested) and due to the amount of hotter girls than her she feels threatened like a pig in the slaughterhouse and starts plowing out unreasonable lines making it all HIS fault! Ah sorry off topic! :)

I donâ??t know any bar owners in NEP. I kind of make a point of not knowing them (no offense intended).

none taken, wouldn't know one either if there wasn't that guy trying to buy something in Pattaya

Anyone else know about taxation on leases in 2008. I am certain we must have at least a few Nana bar owners lurking here. Can anyone here elaborate on this?

this information I actually read somewhere on the net in august last year, I am trying to find it if it is still there. What I have read was a rumor and this rumor was brought up again 3 weeks ago from a person which was always a reliable source!

Since Monday closing times have been strictly enforced again. Spots outside the hotels closing at 1am sharp, in hotels 2am sharp. All well known after hours places (suk 1, suk 4, suk 5, suk 11, langsuan, and even patpong) also closed briefly after 2am latest. Only one new venue has been opened yesterday until 6am, but many are wondering for how long.

Seems another major crackdown is under the way and this time we canâ??t blame TRT and Mr. T. I personally hope that with Mr. T gone opening hours will soon be like 2000 again. Guess I have been wrong.

Donâ??t know about Pattaya though. Any changes to the very relaxed closing policy down there? Marine 1, Luzifer at 4am. Tony 5am, and Marine 2 at 6am as well as Insomnia.

I havenâ??t hurt any reason but my guess that it might be well again the work of Mr. Puritanical (Purachai), who is back in action and he still vowing to clean Bangkok from vice. Another reason might be the replacement of the K. Kowit as national police chief and all the reshuffles of senior police officers going hand in hand with this decision.

Christian is absolutely right that this nonsense hits the young party people much harder than hardcore P4P guys. Bangkok nightlife has been extremely quiet this year already and if this crackdown will last longer it definitely not help attracting more visitors. Bangkokâ??s reputation as nightlife party town is veining for years and guys who have the necessary cash definitely prefer Singapore these days.

Archived