NEP Closing at 1 am Now

Gadfly

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually don't go out on a Sunday, but last night was an exception. I went to Glow (Coyote Dancer thread), and we were the only people in the place, except for the staff. Didn't spend too much time in NEP, but it seemed much slower than normal. Wasn't out late enough to know when the bars closed, but generally everything seemed very slow. On the good side, traffice was also light.

Dollhouse at CEP was open at 4PM. Damn few customers. For expats' date=' they go home after work, shower, go eat dinner, and by the time they get to the nightlife areas it is already 10PM. The tourists from USA, EU, Oz, Kiwi, Japan, etc. are used to going out to bars/clubs late at night.....[/quote']

It's been a long time, but when I used to go to Pattaya in the early 90's I would always visit Tahitian Queen on Beach Road, which was very lively during the day.

It's been a long time, but when I used to go to Pattaya in the early 90's I would always visit Tahitian Queen on Beach Road, which was very lively during the day.

I haven't been to Pattaya for a few months, but I suspect it is still busy. But I also suspect even Pattaya could not support hundreds of mid-afternoon go go bars. I just can't see many or even most bars doing this.

I enjoyed an afternon in TQ for a change every once in awhile, but it was weird stepping out into the glaring sun after spending an hour or so in a go go bar.

Well yesterday at 1am even the infamous drink stalls along Sukhumvit were gone. Just winder what is going on... :confused:

Good! Those bloody things are what started the crackdowns in the farang areas. Before those (and Clinton/Asoke/Soi 10) the scene was more hidden and was not bothered.

I mean, c'mon, they are a freakin' eyesore and an embarrassment. No wonder the Thais are upset. Would YOU want that shit in you neighborhood or even in your city in Frangland?

Regards,

SD

Archived