Vertigo - roof top or flop?

samak

Allright, sis is staying at Banyan Tree next week, any suggestions for good restuarants in the neighbourhood, since all the places in Banyan Tree don't seem to be worth the price/time.

Banyan Tree is at the corner of Chaloeng Kruung and Silom, right?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Limbo,

from my experience, the Banyan Tree as a whole is not worth it, it sure needs to be revamped.

Would advice to switch hotel if it's still an option.

Yet I think you got the wrong place, at the corner of Charoen Khrung would be Meritus Suites in the State Tower, and the roof top restaurant The Sirrocco, which is a very good experience. I gave up on the Meritus Suites a while ago but it's likely better than Banyan Tree anyway

Banyan Tree is way further down on Sathorn, next to Sukkhotai.

vertigo.... etc... pang mak!!!

...close by....I'd go to AdMakers....fun night out...good thai food....live band.... Mai pang....

then head to Radio City..in Patpong...10.30 pm start... Thai Elvis....then Thai Tom Jones.....great night!!!!

hope this helps....

Cheers DS

Sukkhotai has one of the most famous brunches in town , quite nice although they dare to put australian oysters on display... you can find me almost every day in Aldo ( by the pool, in The Ascott building) when in BKK, the italian food is very average but the setting is very nice (indoor and outdoor), service is also good and price rather cheap. It's worth checking it out if you live nearby (I'm usually upstairs, so it helps)

Downstairs your sister can have drinks and meals in a sophisticated atmosphere in U Hu , but many dishes are to be avoided and the Chief must think he's a MTV MC. Better go for drinks actually...

Baan khanita , large thai food restaurant at the corner of Suan Phluu and Sathorn, it's a large chain in BKK with thai food adapted to western taste.OKish and with walking distance from banyan tree

Another one in a similar spirit would be "Anna's cafe" on saladaeng.

L'Indigo , one of the favourite french restaurants among french expats in a small streer perpendicular to Convent.

Sofitel V9 is a nice high floor indoor restaurant, with very reasonably priced Fine de Claires Oysters and Wine. No wind as it's indoor and the DJ has some good moments. One of my fav!

Their mediterranean buffet on a lower floor is a great deal also.

All those very near Banyan Tree but there must be well over 100 restaurants in hat area!

Got it straight this time and she's in Lebua/State Tower indeed. Don't know why I thought about Banyan Tree. Guess Samak confused since both Scirocco and Vertigo are on the 63rd floor.

So the Scirocco is good after all? I had it thoroughly mixed up. Price range is around 2K pp?

Any more suggestions for that area are welcome though.

Thanks for your input sofar Kojis and Dumsoda.

Limbo,

Sirocco is good, and offers 4 different bars and restaurants. If your sister stays in the State Tower , food or drinks by the river in the Peninsula and Oriental are about a must within walking disctance-and barge for the Peninsula- All sorts of budgets but lunch buffets are only slightly over 1000 if I recall properly.

As of Sirroco 2000 would be on the lower side but it does depend on what you drink.

Cheaper option than those 3 for a a la carte meal, especially if you drink wine, but still with good view and service would be V9 in Sofitel.

Hi Limbo,

Sirrocco / Mezzaluna will set you back closer to 5k per person....even with limited (read cheap end) wine selection

Worth a visit....the views are spectacular...

Hey, if Sis is staying in the Hotel.....let her pay....LOL....

Cheeers mate

DS

safer bet!

The place is very populare and was overcrowded the last few times I went

you can book in Mezzaluna on the top floor, a bit classier and indoor and only customers allowed...very nice but sure closer to 5000THB than 2000 even with low end wines

Archived