Vertigo - roof top or flop?

samak

after some drinks at the bar in the past i decided to bring some guests from abroad to Vertigo, Banyan Tree's roof top restaurant on the 63. floor

to keep it short, top are ONLY view and prices.

difficult to remain below 2000 THB per person!

no main course below 1000 THB, set menues from 2500 THB up per person, Chang and Singha beer, small bottle only of course at breath taking 240 THB, as if they want to enforce all guests to take one of their bootles of wine for several thousand bahts for a average one.

and all of course ++ (service charge and VAT)

service is a absolute desaster and a shame for Thailand!!!

after getting seated at 8pm, it took over 10 minutes until a waitor showed up and asked whether we would like to have sparkling or still water. i ordered one bottle of each to share and the waitor tried to tell me 3 times, that one bottle is only for one glass/person, so the guest is a money machine at 120 THB for the small bottle of plain water! after another 10 minutes the menu for the drinks and finally more than half an hour after arrival the food menu.

we ordered and waited and waited and waited...ONE HOUR after order and 1.5 hours after arrival we got the starters. the soup was cold, the dressing of the salad tasted awful, meat was very dry.

the food was mediocre to stay on the polite side and the service is absolutely unacceptable!

seems to be just the location that attracts hordes of gastronomic victims, who get ripped off in 2 daily shifts at 6pm and 8pm by a gang of arrogant and lazy waitors!

so i will only go to the moonbar again for some drinks and the view!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so sure about Scirroco.

Both places are rather hit or miss. Some nights good, others awful. Friends of mine once left Scirroco half way through the main meal and went to MacDonalds instead. This is not an exaggeration.

Scirroco is much more expensive, I think. Paid a 2,000 baht corkage fee last time I went, about 6 months ago.

I seem to pay less at Vertigo but the view is better at Scirroco.

IMHO.

Samak,

not sure about the food, mine was fine from both restaurants. Guess you'd find more typical italian dishes in Mezzaluna but can't remember.

Mezzaluna has a more exclusive twist to it as people don't just walk round to enjoy the view as it happens in the lower floor, which gets irritating sometimes.

after some drinks at the bar in the past i decided to bring some guests from abroad to Vertigo, Banyan Tree's roof top restaurant on the 63. floor

to keep it short, top are ONLY view and prices.

difficult to remain below 2000 THB per person!

no main course below 1000 THB, set menues from 2500 THB up per person, Chang and Singha beer, small bottle only of course at breath taking 240 THB, as if they want to enforce all guests to take one of their bootles of wine for several thousand bahts for a average one.

and all of course ++ (service charge and VAT)

service is a absolute desaster and a shame for Thailand!!!

after getting seated at 8pm, it took over 10 minutes until a waitor showed up and asked whether we would like to have sparkling or still water. i ordered one bottle of each to share and the waitor tried to tell me 3 times, that one bottle is only for one glass/person, so the guest is a money machine at 120 THB for the small bottle of plain water! after another 10 minutes the menu for the drinks and finally more than half an hour after arrival the food menu.

we ordered and waited and waited and waited...ONE HOUR after order and 1.5 hours after arrival we got the starters. the soup was cold, the dressing of the salad tasted awful, meat was very dry.

the food was mediocre to stay on the polite side and the service is absolutely unacceptable!

seems to be just the location that attracts hordes of gastronomic victims, who get ripped off in 2 daily shifts at 6pm and 8pm by a gang of arrogant and lazy waitors!

so i will only go to the moonbar again for some drinks and the view!

I had the same experience; at any price, the food and service was shite. I would go back for a couple of drinks at the bar.

Archived