Cystitis

Sukhumvit

My current squeeze woke up this am with pain upon urination.I'm thinking it's just a straightforward case of cystitis and asked if she'd had it before to which she replied no (of course you never can tell when a Thai BG is telling the truth).

I'm pretty sure that Cranberry juice is supposed to relieve the symptoms of same. However neither Tesco Lotus or Tops stock it. Told the chick to go doctor but she couldn't be bothered. So I popped along to the pharmacy and told the pharmacist the symptoms. She's given me some Norfloxacin 400 mg with instructions to take 2 per day after eating for four days. Trouble was I'm not sure the woman understood exactly what the problem was.

Is this the correct treatment for cystitis or has she prescribed something for vd? She said it's an antibiotic. Or will it cure both cystitis and the clap? :question:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cranberry is used for urinary tract infections and the like.

You can actually buy Cranberry Pills in the vitamins section of a good pharmacy or vitamin shop.

What makes you think its cystitus? Chlamydia has pretty much the same symptoms... sometimes none.

Best to take an hour of hers - and your - time and get it checked out by the doc. Just to be sure.

Can have some nasty consequences if not nipped in the bud.

Cheers guys. Just assumed it was cystitis caused by irritation of too much boom boom. Pretty sure I'm clean.

However there is possibility could be something more serious. I've told her to go doc for check up but she's pissed off playing cards.

Will have to try with her again tomorrow.

If she's pissed off playing cards she either doesn't give a damn about herself or has something to hide.

Maybe time to move on a find a new "current squeeze".

You can try and help all you want, but sometimes it just doesn't do any good. They do it their way.

>Norfloxacin is an antibiotic it's for viruses.

No. Its fucking NOT. Antibiotics are for bacterial infections. Antivirals are for viruses. Antibiotics don't work as anti virals.

To OP. Yes, 3 to 4 days of Norfloxacin is a reasonable prescription for uncomplicated cystitis.

-j-

Norfloxacin is an antibiotic it's for viruses.

Cystitis is not a viral infection take her to a doctor.

There can be some very serious problems arise from misuse of antibiotics.

Cheers

News to me that there's an antibiotic for a virus but a medical practitioner I am not

A quick Google on Norfloxacin.

NORFLOXACIN - a patient's guide

Natalie Gauld - Pharmacy Educator

Brand: Noroxin

Use: Norfloxacin is an antibiotic used for:

Upper and lower urinary tract infections including cystitis

Gastroenteritis (tummy bug) from certain bacteria

Gonorrhoea

Take your pick, I only know that the only times I've woken with painful urination it wasn't cystitis or a virus.

Do you know what causes cystitis? I girl I know told me that she had cystitis. So I checked it out online.

I read that some of the possible causes are from anal bacteria entering the urinary track. So anal penetration or oral can cause it.

I think it's also caused by alot of sexual intercourse, because the juices flow everywhere. I think every one of my gf used to get some form of urinary infection. Probably too much sex.

Pee after the deed!

Archived