Current update: The Good, The Bad and The Grace

mikeinseattle2

Thanks for the update - I may have to stumble through at least once, just for the memories, if there's still a late night scene there (and if whitey's still welcome...).

The Glate... two competing jukeboxes, surly waitstaff, and some of the fugliest freelancers you've ever scene (could they really be said to be actually working, looking like that?)... but still has a spot in my blackened little heart...

YimSiam

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had loads of good times with G-Spot girls. Never had a dancer, only dek servers. Sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. Helped to have a friendly dek server who looked after me there. The night I went in when she wasn't there I had my checkbin padded.

She, however, now works in Midnite in SC. She told me she makes less money, and now I know why.. (Indians, katoeys etc).

I've had loads of good times with G-Spot girls. Never had a dancer, only dek servers. Sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. Helped to have a friendly dek server who looked after me there. The night I went in when she wasn't there I had my checkbin padded.

She, however, now works in Midnite in SC. She told me she makes less money, and now I know why.. (Indians, katoeys etc).

Generally when I go into a Gogo I am looking at and interested in the dancers on the stage. Call me crazy.

Generally when I go into a Gogo I am looking at and interested in the dancers on the stage. Call me crazy.

I agree, that's very strange behavior in a bar. :nono:

I nicked this post from another board and, as such, the OP's name will remain anonymous.

[color:blue]In a certain un-named bar last night with the usual motley crew (wow, good name for a band!). As part of the "attractions" is one young naked lady holding up a series of ballons, for another young naked lady to burst with darts shot out of her..well, you know where. This has been going on for a few minutes when Farangman chirps up " Well, look. Thats something you don't see very often" and then followed by "Wolverhampton are three one up at half time"......

[/color]

:rotl:

Not sure if you were there at the time (I wasn't) but, as far as the post goes, it's the most concise description I've seen of how an expat views the nightlife, as might be compared to a wide-eyed newbie (my eyes would have either been directed at the dart show or one of my friends in conversation, but certainly NOT at the footie game). :grin:

I don't remember if I was there when it happened either, but I recall Frangers telling the story many times. And you are correct, it is a perfect example of how jaded we get, cuz the story is 100% true.

Cheers,

SD

When I show friends in the USA pictures of me sitting at the bar at a DC in Rififi in Dean Barrett's picture book, they always ask me why I'm not looking at the girl on stage in the photo. I tell them that seeing girls dancing is no BFD, but the honest answer is that there was a better looking one on either side of her. I was definitely a wide-eyed newbie! :D

I've had great fun showing that book around my local bar. Some people think I'm some kind of fixture in the go-gos, but my favorite was a TG (who has never been to Thailand, and may be adopted) who grabbed the book and absolutely rifled through the pages.

I asked her, "Are you looking for something?"

She said, "Yeah, my sister."

:)

Archived