British Motorcycles

zob65

I looking for a Triumph Bonny or a BSA or a Norton Commando in Thialand. If any one knows or has seen one for sale please let me know and I will be gratefull with a finders fee.

I can get them imported but its just too much of a hassel and cost. A bike in country is so much easier.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look in the Pattaya Trader. :)

Tons of strange machines here. Harleys(there are 3 dealers in Harleys that I know of alone in Pattaya), old Vespas and Lambrettas from the early sixties, all manner of chopped Jap bikes, Willys Jeeps. And a Nimbus? Think it may be Swiss (there's a little Swiss flag on it). Looks pretty old. Black frame like lots of old 40's/50's bikes.

Did Brit bikes ever take off in Thailand? I mean everyone knows about Enfield in India (was loooking on an Indian dealer's website and saw that he had a couple of obligatory BSAs and a Matchless for sale!) but were Brit bikes ever imported to LOS in great numbers? :question: Would it be better to search in a former colony like Malaysia? :question:

Back in the day, Royal Enfields were affectionally refered to as 'Royal Oilfields', the other marques weren't much better though, my old Triumph had the unfortunate habit of 'breathing' oil over the back tyre, it saved having to lubricating the chain though.

Thanks all. I have a T120 in Aust but too expensive and hassel to get it here.

I need a project to keep me off the piss! Plus its a lot of fun and I can fix British bikes , I have no idea with rice rockets.

Munchie you in the sidecart and me riding down Sukhumvit, that would be a traffic stopper!

Not a bad idea though, would have a place to sleep when pissed!In the side cart. Not sure whether the bar fine partner would accept it though!

Archived