British Motorcycles

zob65

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep Munchie,

I have, I pick it up when I return in May. I brought a Bonny. So now we have transport to the Pong!

For info of others the dealership is in RCA center off rama 9 called Britbike. They have sold all of their 1st shipment of Bonnys and have more on the way. They also have other new Triumphs models. Nice guys there very helpful

Well I was very recently in LOS for 9 days and met up with Zob almost every day. But did I see any sign of a large British motorcycle? No I did not! :dunno: Plenty of tales about getting up early and riding around the city, breakfast at the Texan Bar and then taking the bike home, burning everyone else off at the lights and the guy who meticulously cleans every spoke when it goes for a wash. But actual visual confirmation that the bike exists......NONE! :liar:

Ah yes Munchie me ole china plate that is for one very good reason...YOU NEVER GOT OUT OF F@#ING BED!!

Yes readers Munchie did request an audience with the Bonny. So I kept off the piss the previous night, got up early polished the bike battled the peak hour traffic, fighting off trucks, tuk tuks and cops all the way down Rama III finially arriving at the Texan. I was met with blank looks and a "what the f@#k are you doing here at this time" by George. "I brought the bike in to show Munchie I tell him". The bartendee tried to force a black soda on me I waved her off stating that I was riding the bike and my old mate Munchie will be here soon.So I Settled in with a bacon egg sandwich and coffee even though the bartendee gave me a strange look.

Five coffees and 10 diet cokes later , still no Munchie even after a few sms messages. Now 1500hrs and the girls were trying to attack me. Getting a massage at the bar with a diet coke just doesnt feel right Im telling you! Every one around you is talking shit because they all have a full head of steam, Im telling you it was a nightmare!

I finially relented and paid my cheep charlie bar bill, smallest I have ever had in the Texan. Even old George gave a grumble and banged his walking stick. I donned my gear and shuffled out the door, receiving comments like "there is a deli around the corner if want another deit coke" etc etc. I sped off home not stopping for the usual cop trap on RamaIII parked the bike left my gear with security and caught a taxi back down the square. Now its about 1630 hrs everyone is pissed and yahooing. Had to drink a quick 10 black sodas to catch up. Managed to get a hold of Munchie on the phone, " where the f@#ing hell have you been"

"Oh aye I just woke up and heading to the Dubliner for something to eat"

I gave up trying to bring the bike for Munchie to see, as I cant fit in with his noctural habits! :cussing:

Archived