• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of my favorites:

poo: crab

phat: stir fried

bung: yeah, what is it? Morning glory?

karee: curry (yellow)

What's the red and green curry named again?

Is that the same as the dish I love and call "boo patpong curry". Crab in its shell covered in a thick creamy red sauce with spring onions, et al? Abolutely delicious.

I posted the names of a red and a green chicken curry earlier, if that's what you're looking for?

All this talk of food reminds me of a fairly recent incident when I was sitting in The Dubliner at the corner of WS eating a dish called gai phat prik, which was hot.

Anyway Zob and his missus come in and join me and while pointing towards me and my food, and looking at Zob, she keeps repeating, "phat prik" "phat prik".

After she'd said it a few times Zob said with a straight face, "Tilac, stop calling **** a fat prick".

I nearly spewed my lunch with laughter but it went straight over her head (the joke that is, not my lunch). Just as well for Zob, coz if she'd understood what he'd said she'd have kicked the shit out of him for embarassing her.

He yes munchie not many times that I get an opportunity like that.

My favourite dish is Kahnom Jeen kang kweo wan gai

(excuse the spelling) Its Thai spaghetti with green chicken curry.

Munchie and myself wadle down to Thonglor to a greasy spoon and indulge in Poo patpong curry Crab with curry egg sauce and

Hoy ly nampatpricpow. mussles with chillie and thai basil.

But Munchie is usually gets it down the ront of himself and then we are retricted to seedy dark bars for the rest of the night!

Archived