PDA phones?

Palatkik

Not sure if this should go in here or shopping forum?

I cracked my O2 XDA IIs screen the other week and the repair cost in Bangkok is 16kB! I only paid 22kB for it new a year ago!

I told them to throw the phone away and I'd buy a new one. I liked the larger screen as I use it for map navigation and surfing net. Any choices out there as a suitable replacement or should I just buy another 02 XDA IIs?

As a follow on, the Thai Mrs says I shouldn't let the repair center keep my phone, but reclaim it un-repaired with their service charge of 500B and then sell it for spares ourselves in an IT mall. Anyone think this is good advise or a waste of time? Is there a market for O2 spares or will I be wasting another 500B?

I dropped my new Fuji camera and took it to the Fuji repair shop in BKK. They said they could not repair it and to buy a new one.

I sent the camera to Fuji in the USA and they will exchange it for a new one! at 1/3 the cost of a new one.

Same-same, Thai slackers!!!!!!!!!!!

The Thais would fix broken screen without replacing the attached motherboard as well which doubled repair costs to 16kB!

The new O2 XDA Flame looks promising, maybe worth waiting for - and I'll try not to break it? The net says it comes out this month but the O2 guy in Bangkok today said wait 3 more months??

I would definitely get the phone back. Quotes vary all over the map in this town. A stroll through MBK may lead you to a great replacement screen for a fraction of the cost. You can bet your life that if you give them the phone, it will be fixed and sold by the end of the day. Get a second or third opinion.

The Thais would fix broken screen without replacing the attached motherboard as well which doubled repair costs to 16kB!

The new O2 XDA Flame looks promising, maybe worth waiting for - and I'll try not to break it? The net says it comes out this month but the O2 guy in Bangkok today said wait 3 more months??

Have you looked at the O2 Zinc I have had mine for 5 weeks now as a replacement for my Atom.

It gets a :thumbup: from me

Forget it!

But tell me the shop and your ticket / receipt number and name/contact of the person.

For sure I would get it back from them.

Cheers

Took your advise PM and got the phone back off the useless twats at the O2 service center. Fixed it in MBK for 4500B and now they will buy it off me for 15000B to help pay for a new one.

Cheers!

Archived