Urban myth?

thalenoi

Since two weeks I hear this alarming story of a minivan driving around the Udon province villages kidnapping young people to take out organs such as eyes etc, which then are sold to people who need transplants. I take this is rubbish, but the gf claims many villages have been warned by the pooyabaan and she said this was announced on the village loudspeakers. We live too far from there for me to hear (and I would not understand) but the gf claims she heard this herself at her parents house (where she goes almost daily eating som tam....)

I still think this is rubbish and an urban myth?

Funny,

Just PT-ing with a board member regarding this.

My wife related this story to me about 3 or 4 weeks ago, between Hua Hin and BKK.

Van waited outside a school, loaded children inside and took off. Never to be seen again!

She heard it from relatives and she claims she heard it on Channel 3 news.

I was in Macau recently for an extended visa run and got handed some leaflets by people protesting about "organ harvesting" in mainland China.

Apparently doctors or the harvesters were targetting practitioners of a religious sect called "Falan Gong" as there donors, the leaflets even had reports from the doctors who'd been forced to remove eyes and kidneys while the patients were still alive.

All a bit spooky for me to be honest.

Cheers

Limbo,

It probably originates from your story, I remember her mentionning a similar story originally: some kids kidnapped ex-school, might have hit the news and warnings going around the villages.

Unfortunately these things happen, around 20 years ago Nathalie Hybrechts was seen to enter a car with a man when waiting for the schoolbus at Bertem, Belgium. The parents are still hoping one day Nathalie will knock on their door :alert:

Archived