Taboo...but what do I know...?

Old Hippie

O.k. realizing I am no expert, (never claimed to be), because I don't live in Thailand, and thus know nothing about Bhuddism or Thai culture, I need to ask the following questions...

O.k. Say you live in Thailand, or go there a lot, have a residence there...you frequently pull bar girls, and bring them home to your residence...are you shocked when the neighbors rat you out to your wife? Is it wrong of them to do this?

Now, suppose you Have a wife, but visit Thailand a lot, go with the same hooker all the time, parade her around in front of your friends, and their wives...the wives know your wife, maybe you take her to places where your wife's family sees you together...is this a wise move? and approximately how long before your wife finds out?

Assuming you are married to a Thai woman, and she has family employed in the various Night life locales...or maybe all of them (it's a big family), do you go there, disregard all common sense, and pull girls for short time within an eye shot of the bar which employs the family member/in law?

To me, it isn't so much about losing money to bar girls via scams these days, it seems the "expert Punters" are their own worst enemies, and set the trap for themselves...discuss...

working class thais seem to enjoy a kind of glee in ratting cheating men (or women) out to their spouses. I've found this true of, say, building guards as much as neighbors, wives of friends, etc.

gossip, as it is in many cultures, is an art form here and one of the most loved pastimes.

the only time--in my experience--that you can be absolutely certain that a thai who knows your girlfriend, wife, etc., will NOT rat you out is if she's the one you're fooling around with. that is, they will never say to each other (e.g. as a way to get back at someone) "I fucked your guy," etc.

this goes triple for the bar scene, and the reason is simple: the girls know what jealous (and often already emotionally imbalanced) thai females are capable of, and they don't wanna die just yet, haha...

preahko

I had a friend once here who often brought ladyboys back to his apartment. one time, when a [real] girl was coming over to see him, the guard, after asking who she was there to see, said to the girl "you know, he brings a lot of ladyboys home..." !!!

if one is going to mess around behind the back of one's regular girl, one should take a few tips from the thais (who wrote the book on illicit affairs, let's not forget, and I'm talking the whole society, all classes, and people far removed from any bar scene): do it in a neighborhood far away from where you're known, use short-time hotels, etc.

or, do it my way: find a regular girl who likes to fuck around with other girls WITH you. much more fun for all concerned.

preahko

The Thais have it worked out, some of them anyway. One of my brothers in law has a mia noi well tucked away in the mountains and his wife just gets a bit pouty about it occasionally. The other is banging a woman in the village and the other week he was creeping home at 5am and got beaten within an inch of his life with two metres of bamboo. That woman should be batting for the UK in the world cup. Som nom nar.

I once had a Dutch neighbour who worked for the UN. His wife stayed in the Netherlands for some time before deciding to join him. Understandably, he decided to play around - but he brought the BGs back to his home. He said to me one day, "I always make them leave by 5 AM, so no one knows." I reminded him that the servants in the compound were all up by that time!

I have no idea if the servants ever told the wife, but I certainly heard them talking about it amongst themselves.

Archived