The Best Bars in NEP

Savittre

Hi Guys,

I've only been to NEP once, for a quick look. However I'll be back in the LOS in August and plan to pay a return visit. What I'd like to know is, which bar(s) have the most beautiful girls?

I'd also like to hear from anyone who thinks a particular bar is special (as in 'not to be missed') for whatever reason.

I'm a bit puzzled as to how much the girls cost- seems on Patpong it's one price, at Pattaya maybe different price- the thing is, I don't understand why that should be. Is it just 'cause Patpong's the big tourist place, therefore they charge more??

What's the ST/LT price range at NEP??

Thanks, much appreciated!! tongue.gif" border="0

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much you pay is very much down to your bargaining ability. Like anyone in else business, the vendor will charge what they perceive the purchaser can afford.

Savittre,

You should be able to get all but the most hardcore stunners at NEP for 1000ST/1500LT if you are a semi-presentable guy and treat the girls with a little respect. There are no set rules on price here or in Patpong, up to you and the girl always. Don't tell her it's your first visit to Thailand or the price in her mind rises 100% or more! I never discuss price now and never did when I was a newbie either and have had few problems. Some guys like to settle on a price first to avoid a problem later, but the only girls I have ever had ask for more than the 1000B I was leaving them (ST or LT) were a couple of Longgun showgirls that expected 2000B for ST. These were also a couple of my most disappointing bedroom experiences in Asia. They also both left with 1000B and there wasn't any big scene. Treat them well and not like whores and money is usually not an issue.

Ranger

quote:

What's the ST/LT price range at NEP??

Thanks, much appreciated!!
tongue.gif" border="0
[/QB]

There is a lot of discussion on webboards, about going prices. Some webboards do not favor this topic, although it always gets a lot of messages. My reply is simple, the going asking rate is 1500 baht ST, the going accepted(by the girls) rate is 1000 baht ST.

Very good looking girls will occasionally not be willing to go at the quoted price. A cautionary note : this price only applies if you are somewhat looking OK, not abusive, not drunk, have paid some attention to the girls etc. If old, overweight, abusive, drunk, except a little bit more for services.

Before I forget, the best bars, IMHO at present are Rainbow 1 and Rainbow 2. Try a bar I discovered just recently on the second floor, next to the elevator, called Silver Dragon, it has a good atmosphere a few good looking girls.

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: boemba ]

Thanks for your replies, guys.

To date, a lot of the info I have comes from Stickman's Guide to Prostitution in Bangkok. And Ranger, note that Stickman's Guide says that the King's Group sets ST/LT prices at 2000 baht and 4000 baht, although why they should do this is beyond me, the bargain struck is strictly between the customer and her, eh?

I'm not an expat living in Thailand. When I come to the LOS, I'm in on holiday. That means I'm not thinking about money as much as I'm thinking about beautiful Isaan girls and good times etc. etc., so I really hate to have to discuss money and I won't bargain with her either. I'll take her price or I'll leave it, and I'm happier to move upmarket, but I do think she should leave me thinking that that was money well spent, however much it was! Is my attitude unrealistic in 2001??

I'm surprised no one has a bar they can recommend! Well, I'll review Stickman's guide, he'll no doubt have his favorites!! Thanks again! tongue.gif" border="0

Thanks for your recommendations, boemba. I'll surely check them out!

Two Questions now:

1. Do the bars at NEP (& Patpong), generally speaking, charge Cover Charge? Do I have to see a sign outside the door saying 'No Cover Charge', or else take my chances on being scammed, once inside?? I've tried asking the Hello girls (at Clinton Plaza) this question, and the words 'Cover Charge' seem to be outside their vocabulary. Mind you I sorted it out quick enough by asking some farangs.

2. boemba, what is 'old'? Over 35? Over 65?

quote:

Originally posted by Savittre:

Thanks for your recommendations, boemba. I'll surely check them out!

Two Questions now:

1. Do the bars at NEP (& Patpong), generally speaking, charge Cover Charge? Do I have to see a sign outside the door saying 'No Cover Charge', or else take my chances on being scammed, once inside

2. boemba, what is 'old'? Over 35? Over 65?

1. No bar in NEP, Clinton, Cowboy or Patpong (officially) has a 'cover charge' to my knowledge, though some of the non-King's Group upstairs bars in Patpong may try to add one to your bill. Simple solution - avoid them like the plague, there is no need for them.

2. It is a state of mind!

LG

The best bar depends on YOU. I like Hollywood on 3rd floor, others hate it. Some like G-Spot, others hate it. Some like Titty Twister, others hate it. Some like Bottoms Up, others hate it.

Explore the bars and find the one that is best for YOU. cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Savittre:

[ I'm not an expat living in Thailand. When I come to the LOS, I'm in on holiday. That means I'm not thinking about money as much as I'm thinking about beautiful Isaan girls and good times etc. etc., so I really hate to have to discuss money and I won't bargain with her either. I'll take her price or I'll leave it, and I'm happier to move upmarket, but I do think she should leave me thinking that that was money well spent, however much it was! Is my attitude unrealistic in 2001??

tongue.gif" border="0
[/QB]

Savittre,

First of all, if you haven't already read it, read Stickman's article on overpricing/overpaying.

http://www.chopsticks.net/stickman/article7.html

If you have already read it, then re-read it.

Just because you are on holiday, doesn't mean you have to or should pay crazy prices. If you ask a girl "how much for LT/ST", there is only one answer that you want to hear-"Up to you".

If you feel more comfortable having a price set up front and you say that money is not an issue for you, then try saying to the girl "2000B for LT, OK?". And that's assuming that you are talking to a stunner (subtract 500B from this if talking to an average girl). 9 of 10 will think that's great and the 1 in 10 that doesn't, you don't want to go with anyway (this assumes that you are a presentable guy and have treated the girl with some respect first and made an attempt to get to know her first and not just sat down and asked if she wanted to go to your hotel and suck your dick now). Actually, sometimes that approach works, but that's a whole other story.

2000B is a ton of money here in Thailand (about a full weeks wages for an average Thai), and it's a more than fair amount for LT, but not so outrageous that you will be grossly overpaying.

I took a girl out of Thermae last night and offered 500B for ST and she quickly accepted. She told me that she had just spent 3 days with a 40 yr old guy from Germany and he paid her 10,000B! She said that she didn't really like him much, but since she liked me, 500B was OK for tonight.

OK, that example is 2 extremes. I was being "cheap", but the other guy was being stupid.

I would skip the King's bars in Patpong other than maybe to have a look, so the 2000/4000B crazy prices they are quoting won't figure into things.

Stick with NEP, Clinton Plaza and Soi Cowboy and you'll be more than happy.

OK, my current favorite bars for quality and quantity of beautiful women.

NEP-Playskool, Angel Witch, RB1 and 2, G-Spot

Clinton-Dollhouse and Rockhard

Cowboy-Longgun (#1 bar in the city for stunners in my opinion), Tilac

Have a good time, but don't pay crazy prices, OK?

Ranger

Thanks, Ranger,

Yeah, I've got Stickman's article downloaded & will read it.

Also, thanks for the bar recommendations! I've noted them, and I will have *much* fun comparing for myself, where the beautiful girls are!

No, I don't want to pay crazy prices. I'm not that rich or foolish! That's why I read and ask questions on this board, the answers I get from you guys brings me up to speed. Thanks to you all! After all, you can't get this kind of info in a travel guide...!

wink.gif" border="0

Archived