Music in Bars

Partyguy

The funniest thing I ever saw in a gogo was a few years ago at Classroom 2 in Pattaya. A group of girls done up in cowboy type costumes (there was no showing then) tried to do country dancing to a funked up version of "When I'm Cleaning Windows" by George Formby!

Although I am a 60s and 70s man I do enjoy much recent output. Among my current faves are:

Welcome to the Club (big Ibiza hit wasn't it?)

This Love - Maroon 5 (sorry to oppose previous poster)

Regresa A Mi - Il Divo

You're Beautiful - James Blunt (oh, how I'm gonna be flamed for that one!)

Zhoom Zhoom - Tata Young (why is she not a massive hit in the west?)

Cowboy - Kid Rock

Sex Control - Band ohne Namen

My Oh My - Carl Carlton

Panthip - Loso (GREAT rock band!)

And by the way, although I'm not too keen on the music, the best DJ in Pattaya right now has to be the one with the goatee beard in Heaven Above. He really knows how to read the crowd.

:chili::elephant::yay: :bangit: :monkey: :bangit: :yay::elephant::chili:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Oasis still good?

What do you mean still good? Hasn't been around for less than 6 months? :)

My last REAL whoring trp was way back in July so for Songkran , I'm gonna be a real devil!

CT- your place not opened by end of Songkran? Would love to buy you a beer for all the 'insights' and stories about Pattaya you wrote on the board

Bust: > Not really I think local music is the last thing guys have on their mind especially as a first time visitor. Something familiar will give them a sense of comfortability is some cases.<

I quite liked being pushed out of my comfort zone. Security and comfort I can get at home.

>Not sure how a girl would go dancing to somethig like that while hanging onto a pole. <

That is exactly it! Give them some molam, and they let go of the pole and become freestanding, wildly hopping, arms swaying, they change mode entirely and come alive. Beats the boring pole shuffle.

The funniest thing I ever saw in a gogo was a few years ago at Classroom 2 in Pattaya. A group of girls done up in cowboy type costumes (there was no showing then) tried to do country dancing to a funked up version of "When I'm Cleaning Windows" by George Formby!

Although I am a 60s and 70s man I do enjoy much recent output. Among my current faves are:

Welcome to the Club (big Ibiza hit wasn't it?)

This Love - Maroon 5 (sorry to oppose previous poster)

Regresa A Mi - Il Divo

Zhoom Zhoom - Tata Young (why is she not a massive hit in the west?)

Cowboy - Kid Rock

Sex Control - Band ohne Namen

My Oh My - Carl Carlton

Panthip - Loso (GREAT rock band!)

And by the way, although I'm not too keen on the music, the best DJ in Pattaya right now has to be the one with the goatee beard in Heaven Above. He really knows how to read the crowd.

:chili::elephant::yay: :bangit: :monkey: :bangit: :yay::elephant::chili:

That would have been a hoot.. :cool:

Love Zhoom ....and Tata..waiting for a copy of her concert from last month.. :thumbup:

The metal zone was more like a comedy club than a music venue - it was just so absurd to see tall hairy thai guys playing note-for-note, grimace-for-grimace metal... I can't believe it lasted as long as it did, well beyond the novelty wearing off (IMHO, of course).

Personally, I'm very much a deep/dirty house kind of guy, breakbeat or bigbeat dance music as well sometimes -- latenight/early morning music that you just don't find in Thailand, which I regret every time I'm there and have to settle for less. However, I understand why bar djs don't play my kind of music - and I don't really want to hear it at a go-go, where the point is to have the girls dance; if crap hiphop and pop dance music is what it takes to get a gogo going, then fine with me. And by all means, at least one morlam song every hour or so, and definitely a few at the end of the night!

YimSiam

CT- your place not opened by end of Songkran? Would love to buy you a beer for all the 'insights' and stories about Pattaya you wrote on the board

Nope it won't May 1st or May 10th, still arguing when the turnover will happen!

Hey, buy me a beer in Oasis, I buy one two, so we have 2 beers for sure! :)

James Cunt!

I really hate that song, for starters because I think it is a silly song with a stupid melody overhyped just to push this fella with this unclean looking hair to an idol, and also because it is the most played song ever on any radio station in the world. Of course it is not true but it feels like it when they play it over and over again and you don't like it! There are not many songs I hate, this one is certainly in my top 3 of most hated songs!

Archived