Should I buy her a Bentley or a Rolls Royce?

David99UK

Lp, nice set of wheels, 67 RS, awesome. that car in that condition here in Oz will fetch up-to $50,000AUD or 1.4 mio baht. Not too good in the UK though, I hear the cost of juice (thb equivilent) is around 70 baht/litre.

Some Thai's have a taste for the classics, ever see old vespas running around. My wife tells me they fetch over 100.000 THB and there is a strong market for them.

depends on your wife. I took my wife to a classic motor show and she quite liked some of the old cars. Not to say she would like to drive one.

Ask your missus. If the car is for youself to drive then don't even ask her. If the car is for her, simply set a price limit and let her go shopping.

FA.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you would let a thai BG girl design a car it would have

#1) goodyear tires made from gold (good year because they are superstitious and believe they will bring them a good year)

#2) A glove department with a midget inside pereparing fresh an "pet mak mak" Som Tam

#3) A GPS system that recognizes men by their wallet size

#4) An automatic hair extension maker, built in at he head rest

#5) From the ventilation system blows skin whitener

#6) The air bags wouldn't be in the car, they would have to be tailor made and surgical inserted into her "MilkS"

#7) A 4:3 TFT screen that only shows thai soap operas

#8) A Nokia built in communication system with a 10 megapixel camera under the hood

#9) All buttons would be made from diamonds

#10) An emergency button which automatically sends a heartbreaking SMS to all Hansum Cussomas in her phone book with her details and directions to HIS closest Western Union Branch

Maybe a bestseller or maybe not. History has taught us not to let someone design a vehicle who hasn't got a clue thumb_1175433072-homer-car.gif

CT, your #1 was very good and I'll remember for future :thumbup: but we have one small problem with real life - I haven't met any woman farang or thai who could the name of one tyre brand..... :grin:

Ok....

you are on an island , so I assume the car is staying there and not going long distance ,

My first thought would be a 70s bug convertible ,

cute , not too expensive and easy to fit when you prang a wing ,

then a BMW 320i cabrio, same as above but maybe not a classic

I assume the roads are narrow , so giving her a wide car like a Mercedes pretty much garantees she will hit something.

OC

or a 50 quid banger and a gold bracelet :)

No matter what you are going to buy her, i would love to be your lady :_party::_party:

I will take that in the spirit of having similar Blokey type interests......unlike if Old Hippie had said that, that not might be so blokey :shocked::)

Bust, cheers for posting the pic :)

As someone said, buy what I want OR give her the money to go shopping.....the answer to that is (and probably always was :o ) going to be the first.......

Old Vespas in Bangkok??, actually the one that used to deliver crates of beer mid Afternoon in Soi Cowboy was the inspiration for buying an Aprilia Scooter 5 years ago, cos Scooters ARE cool :cool: (I thought i was being very clever by buying a brand new Italian Scooter with lots of non rusting plastic - but they made it so "Authentic" that the even the plastic "chrome" bubbled after 6 months :mad: , the oil leak only started a few years later........but like the originals it still keeps running on little more than freshair :cool: )

I will let folk know later in the summer what I buy her, will depend on what is around at the time in the right condition / price......

I am so glad I have (pretty much??!) given up on BG's and Booze, otherwise I would have to get some cheaper hobbies:-

Mankey old Cars

Mankey old Boats

Mank.......... Thai Woman :shocked::D

or a 50 quid banger and a gold bracelet :)

A 50 quid banger CAN still be a Classic :grin: .....but I might need someone to explain that to her in Thai :smirk: Fortunately we do not have any MOT's here, so might not need to spend the whole £50 :cool:

A Gold bracelet??? WTF!! you think I am made of money???!!! (see my above list of hobbies)......my next post was going to be "do I have to buy her a gold wedding ring" :grin:

Archived