CURRENT REPORT *REQUEST* : Brothels

whitelotuslane

Whitelotuslane,

Sorry to read you can't ask whoring questions on this board anymore, Nanaplaza is no more. This board nowadays is as PC as it can be (TV-like)

I wonder why the nightlife section is still there?

Also sorry to reads you got a warm welcome in that Pattaya tourist police thread ( I almost missed reading that one, not being a frequent visitor of paradise). Why punters have a need to bash newcomers is beyond me. Yeah, you're a fake, a prick, a troll, even buddha in disguise. A sad bunch of idiots who have nothing else on their agendas than fuck around with BG's and then be as Catholic as the pope when they post a line on this board. :doah:

THe PC bunch really got after you: has-been, bad-thai-whiskey and even Chase-Troll who normally is one of the niciest guys on this board (well at least he apologised)

We know thailand has brothels all over the place, but farangs are not supposed to know where they are :banghead:

Udon Thani also HAD his red light district, some soi 2 to soi 7. Girls were to be had for 300 baht, plus a beer plus short time room. But a fwe days before Christmass the cops came with Lao authorities and closed down all places (girls working there most from Lao, illegally?)

I have not heard anything about reopening, but who knows, I do not check out these situations.

Anyway, have fun with songkran, we should not leave the home according the gf, no sun here, although I doubt we will remain cloistered here.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wongwien used to be full of freelancers every night -- Thai, Lao, Viet, Cambodian, Burmese. But Chuan had the cops crack down on the illegals after the Loony Twins staged that hospital hostage taking some years back. You still see freelancers in the area in the day time, but as you say ... most are rough!

From a legal POV there're no brothels in Thailand (with the 2 exceptions I mentioned) as you're paying the owner of these places for the rooms or if a bar, restaurant or a shop a "barfine". The rest is a business transaction between you and the girl/katoey/boy as long as they're over 18.

Poor thais just go to barber shops with ST rooms.

I went to a barbers on Suk 63 once, I think there was a small karaoke downstairs with the salon and the owner's apartment upstairs. She seemed very nice and was at great pains to help me understand the services she was offering and when we went to the salon bit I was quite enthusiastic. While she was cutting my hair her daughter came in to chat and play which I found a bit offputting but not nearly as much as when her husband came in and sat down for a chat before we returned to the 'massage' room.

Suddenly the walls seemed that much thinner and any movement outside had me on edge waiting for the door to open. I vaguely remember things going downhill from there and me throwing money at her just so I could get out.

Interesting though.

Archived