CURRENT REPORT *REQUEST* : Brothels

whitelotuslane

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, same cross road more to the left brings you to wat Traimit.

Did you try free girls at Kao San Gullivers?

I have a younger friend (in his 30ties) who has Gulli on his regular (weekly) visit list. And what about any Tawang Daeng?

To Bangkoktraveler: this guy went to cambo and related whorehouse stories where himself was ready to puke whilst he did the deed. Lucky for us he's not a boardmember here, although some of his stories deserve the Guiness record book :o

> It's Maitri Chit road, over the canal at the

> railroad station

Excellent. :) I think I know the area, that's where Wat Traimit is right? (With the big golden Buddha) ?

Ya, not far, but the Wat is to the left. This is the infamous Odeon Circle area. Equally infamous Taipan (or is it Taipei? Whatever.) Hotel is nearby, plus a bunch pf other flophouse-cum-brothels. Really rough looking gals abound there. And not an especially safe area for a clueless newbie to be wandering about :nono: .

Cheers,

SD

Common SD, exagerating just a little bit :alert:

Every town I hit I went to explore the nasty goods, Brussels North railway station (now all gone) Paris rue Saint Denis and Bois de Boulogne, Barcelone lower Ramblas, Lisboa's Cais do Sodre (and I was brought to much worse places in some dark Lisboa neighbourhoods) NY 42 street where I was told not to adventure, Hamburg's Reperbahn, Hannover near railway station, Berlin Zoo, Stuttgart also has a stupid red light district. Never ever was I endangered, except lower Ramblas where my wallet got stolen, my dumb fault (yes, we are ALL dumb sometimes :D ) nothing life threatening though...

Naw, not exaggerating too much. A nearby soi was in "the top 10 dangerous sois" report a few months back. And my Thai family owns property in the area, so maybe I have a bit more informed view of what goes on there.

Yes dangerous is relative. Like Klong Toey, in the daylight hours, it is not too bad and I freely wander around there. But I personally stay away after about 2100 and before sunrise unless accompanied by appropriate persons (this coming from a guy who grew up in Detroit ghettos and not afraid of much). YMMV.

Cheers,

SD

In Phra Khanong, I've wondered about the "69 HOTEL", on Sukhumvit 69 (Left off Suk. at the FAMILT MART just past the BTS Station, turns right towards 71 past the snooker hall) The place is very run down but has a pull-in parking area with the ubiqutious curtains.

Too close to home for me to investigate any further but a dedicated decadent might want to probe into it.

On Pridi 46 of Sukhumvit 71 close to Klong Tan is the (TAA-DAHH) "46 HOTEL". This place makes the "69 HOTEL" look like the Marriott, about as nasty appearing as a place could be. I've seen cars going in and out of there but never a person on foot.

In my humble opinion it's not the red ligt districts which are much dangerous, it's the dark places most of us don't know about. I remember that Lisboa area (would need a Lisboa map to identify) were I was told to sit and wait in a taxi whilst the lady I was with went to buy heroine) A street somewhere down a Chicago expressway where I got lost and a cops car stopped me telling me to hit the highway, NOW.

South of Atlanta city where I got lost also, black people sitting in front of their doors and looking as if they would enjoy terminating my life, the other side of Brookling bridge (I think it was) where i walked around a block of windowless condos, got scared and hit the first subway station back to Manhattan... and Klong Toey....

Agreed. But the Odeon Circle area is not really a red light district. That is just the fallout of what else goes on there.

Trust me...it is not much different than Klong Toey. A little better, but not much.

Cheers,

SD

Did you try free girls at Kao San Gullivers?

I have a younger friend (in his 30ties) who has Gulli on his regular (weekly) visit list.

Yes! Khao San is a laugh these days. :)

And what about any Tawang Daeng?

I don't think that type of place is really suitable to go by yourself. In a group is much better, but then I don't have any friends. :)

Thanks all for the map & warnings.. Will stay out of trouble..

Archived