Walking Street Go Go Round Up

MooNoi

Living Dolls Showcase :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Once my favorite bar in Pattaya, I had given LDS less than stellar reviews the last several times out, based largely on how the girlâ??s attitudes had changed since they first opened back in 2002. The last several trips saw the showgirls perform their show and then head directly to the back room until their next set, refusing to mingle with the paying customers. Iâ??m happy to report that wasnâ??t the case this time. :D All of the girls were out and about on a nightly basis, which makes for a much more entertaining evening. Perhaps it is related to slow season and the girls need to work the room a bit to make up for the lack of tips? :dunno:

Whatever the case, there is no denying that Ken continues to find/display some of the best looking girls in LOS gogos. I connected with one of the showgirls on more than one occasion and could find myself getting attached to her on more than a physical level. :nono::o Fortunately we both agreed that this wasnâ??t wise since she has a boyfriend and I know that getting involved with a bargirl is almost surely a recipe for disaster.

I would like to give a review myself but having in mind my own bar opening up very soon I wouldn't consider that a fair move! What I can do is talk about Living Dolls Showcase, I know the owner doesn't mind!

LDS is by far the most interesting bar in Pattaya, who cares that the shows repeat everyday... at least they have one and their show girls are actually performing a show, other bars have the same barfine for their "showgirls" but in fact they are just wearing a different gear and doing the Pattaya shuffle!

At least 6 of the LDS Showgirls have a unique look! Dread Lock Girl, D-Cup Girl with the monster Tattoo, DD-Cup Girl, Dancing Queen (not pretty but smart, makes 8k to 10k baht a night in tips), Japanese Look Girl with the Wall Nut Cracker ass, Baby Girl who takes the piss for dancing retarded (what a little sunshine she is) Brazilian Look Girls (used to have blond hair) ModelFace, Curly Sue with D-Cups etc...

These girls there are playing a role, they are not just some average Isaan Girl on first sight!

The drink prices are high there, Ladydrinks for Showgirls are double (regular size drink) and cost 220 baht and for the gogo dancers you pay 110! This is probably not so unfair as Moo Noi reviewed it but I know which girl he likes and it is in fact a ShowGirl (one from my list above) :grinyes:

However the prices are the highest in town and still the bar has the highest amount of visitors every night together with Peppermint and Happy! Therefore you get a way better quality in girls, you get real shows and it keeps out the cheap charlies that sit there for 2 hours on 1 drink and occupy a chair on the stage! Other bars tried to raise their prices and lost money, LDS is making way more, simply because when you want to see a different type of girl this is the only place to go! A very good indicator for the quality is the amount of single thai girls coming to watch the shows!

Ken is not pulling girls from other bars, he is not such a person. Most girls come by recommendation because they know that this is THE place to make money!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about prices? It's been ages since I last visited Walking Street which I always consider just a tourist zone with prices & attitudes reflecting that.

WS is definitely more expensive then sitting in a beerbar or hitting Soi 6 but since I'm only around for a week or two, I'm not really that concerned about a 10-30 baht difference in drink prices. I like the convenience of being able to walk from gogo to gogo looking for a particular type of girl.

Do all of those bars serve local spirits at reasonable prices? I should just go over and check it out but honestly... I find it just too much of a tourist zoo.

Grab a bottle and head over to beach road. Plenty of cheap skanks over there :grin:

Also, especially with the US navy in town, the whole area must be a terrorist's wet dream. (Yes,feel the same about Nana Entertainment Plaza in Bangkok)

I've always felt that the presence of the Navy, Cobra Gold has been overstated. It's been my experience that these guys come in early, get drunk, puke and go back to their ship due to their curfew.

Finally, can we hear it for Tahitian Queen.. An institution IMHO.

Usually I'll hang around the pool for a couple of hours and then go over to TQ for drinks in the afternoon.

This is the first time that I was in Pattaya and failed to make it to TQ. I think in large part because I stayed at the Whitehouse and since they dont have a pool, I never woke up early to go lay out around the pool. Instead I stayed in bed all day :hubba:.

I've always felt that the presence of the Navy, Cobra Gold has been overstated. It's been my experience that these guys come in early, get drunk, puke and go back to their ship due to their curfew.

Oh, let me make absolutely clear that I'm not in the "Oh my god the jarheads are coming"-camp. It has absolutely zero impact on the places I go, and when I do meet US militrary I find them exceptionally well behaved. Lemme tell you it's not often that I get called "Sir" :D

The point I was making though was because of the security risk; if you ever wanted to kill a whole lot of US servicemen then Walking Street, Pattaya must be at the top of the list, surely.

The point I was making though was because of the security risk; if you ever wanted to kill a whole lot of US servicemen then Walking Street, Pattaya must be at the top of the list, surely.

Well, after you become a tourist police volunteer, you and that big boofy English bloke from Pattaya TV can protect us all, can't you!! :grin: :thumbup:

I think you'll find that the word on the street is that people are pissed off with LDS and its "I'm better than the rest and my shit don't stink" attitude.

Bt220 is a bloody joke for a LD and Ken's brainstorm of not giving out condoms with beers because they get warm quicker, thus people drink them quicker is ill thought out. Service don;t even clean the tables enough so punters have their arms in water all the time - great idea.

As for girls getting Bt8-10k in tips per night, well another urban myth. On some night, some girl may, but not a select few girls getting that on a regular basis. Amazing how myths amongst bullshitting girls gets them to turn up at the door looking for work !

I guess the word on the street depends on who you are listening to. Many bar owners are pissed about Ken, some because they are jealous, others don't get a long with him and others like him. The bar is packed every night and numbers are increasing year by year, I understand why many people don't like him!

220 baht is a double drink, that is 110 per drink, you can insist on a single drink for the girl and you will get it!

Condoms in an air conditioned bar are most likely pointless. Whoever told you that it would be a strategy of Ken to make the guys drink faster knows more than me and I work with him. If you haven't heard him saying it to you don't believe it! You can ask for a condom and you will get one! No big deal, I prefer my beer without a condom. If you order a draft you don't get a condom either nor for any mixer drink! Kind of a pointless strategy if it is true which I don't believe!

Where I sit the table is clean the entire time and believe me I sitting in this bar a lot :) Whoever puts his arm into water is a douche bag :)

I said one girl makes 8k - 10k baht per night in tips! She actually does and on a slow night she comes with a huge pacifier bottle which is supposed to collect money for a new born child. She doesn't say a word, the people simply assume she got a baby and give her money. Moo Noi and I witnessed how she made about 4k baht within 10 minutes! Not all of them making this much! Actually there are 4 top earners making all more than 4k in tip every night and the other showgirls are happy with 500 to 1000 which is still better than what the most get in other bars!

Girls getting more money in this bar because it is designed this way. Name me one other bar where you have comfortable chairs on the stage??... If I am not mistaken Ken has 44 chairs where you can actually put your feet on the floor surrounding the stage, I don't think there is another bar that has a similar number, maybe Happy but the girls are more far away and not very interactive and the bar stools aren't comfortable! The seating situation is the reason why girls make more money, it is not a myth of bullshitting girls!

The most things that been said about LDS comes from other bar owners who are pissed that they have to sell their drinks with smaller margins, have smaller numbers of guests and less attractive girls! If you could charge 200 baht for a beer in your bar and your customers would accept it or your revenue would increase by that, you would do it too! What people always forget when they complain about higher prices is that LDS offers real shows and actually pays the girls a show girl salary. 20 Showgirls for 15k baht and 25 Lady dancers for 8k baht, is a difference than having 20 average girls for 8k baht wearing a different gear and doing the Pattaya shuffle!

I said one girl makes 8k - 10k baht per night in tips! She actually does and on a slow night she comes with a huge pacifier bottle which is supposed to collect money for a new born child. She doesn't say a word, the people simply assume she got a baby and give her money. Moo Noi and I witnessed how she made about 4k baht within 10 minutes!

What the fuck?! Where's the icon for 'brain donors'? :doah:

Sounds like they're making money by advertising for customers at the local hospital for head injuries. How can anyone be so fucking stupid? :dunno:

No wonder other bars are jealous. This bar had the great idea of targetting numpties and they're all there now, throwing away money for nothing (and making sure that girls who'd otherwise have to fuck for money now hardly have to do anything :mad: )

:shakehead

Oh, the oh-so-very-subtle implication that I'm a bitter cheapskate, jealous due to lack of money, eh? :mooning:

Nope, money and brains are two different things. Those with money don't have to give it out for nothing or let themselves be scammed just because they have enough.

Roman Abramovich has money but I bet you wouldn't catch him putting money in the grovelling purse of a bar-girl obviously pretending to have a new kid. I mean, what would he even get out of it? :confused:

Give money for good service, not for nothing. Anyone who gave tips to her for nothing was a brain donor - pure and simple.

Did any of these guys even check her tits first to see if she had a kid? That's the first thing I'd do. :D

Archived