duty free wine allowance.

FAT_AUSSIE

If I buy it inside of customs I don't see why not. Here in Oz I have seen many times half doz wine packs for retail to travellers. I looked on one Thailand customs website and only found that the import duty on liquor limits 1 litre of spirituos alcahol.

I just don't want to rock up at swampy and pay duty coz I did'nt know I had too. Chances are I may not have too anyhow, not on 6 x 750ml reds.

Fatts...

It seems to be 1 bottle of anything Fat one, wine, beer or spirits. Having said that I've staggered across the Lao and Burmese borders on a number of occasions bearing several clinking bags of BWS and never been queried. Likewise I've never been stopped by Swampy customs or Don Maung and I used to always bring in a couple of litre bottles of single malt.

Saw them scanning a guy's big case when I came in this week, looked like they were just going through the motions. Some tourist thought it was compulsory and lined up, they waved him on...duty done.

Who puts the booze in their check-in bag anyway?

The fucked up thing is, in Japan once, they made me take it out of my checked bagf, saying they were afraid it could break, and stink up everyone else's luggage...this was before 9-11, and I was allowed to carry it on...now, I have no idea how they handle it.

Who puts the booze in their check-in bag anyway?

Coming from the States' date=' one done not have any choice...

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

I wondered what was going on over there, friends just got back and missed a flight connection the line up for security was so horrendous.

Can you still buy grog inside immigration and carry it on board? Still in the States I believe it's pretty cheap to buy anywhere.

I always wanted to go there, take a mate or two, hire a car and just drive the country....take in the bars, the music, the people. Don't think I'll bother now, my piles couldn't take a body cavity search.

Archived