How Bad Will It Be???

Hi guys, my Cousin intends to go back to Thailand with me next week!

his Arrival date will be May 2nd

His first entry since the new regulations was

[color:red]November 3rd[/color] (30 Days) + 2 days overstay

He visited Thailand from December to January (30 days)

and from march to April (30 days) + 6 days on a permitted 7 days visa extension

From what I believe to know the overstay + the visa extension aren't counted, he should be at 90 Days now! At worst case he would be at 98 days!

If my math skills are not completely wrong the period of 180 days from November 3rd will be over on May 1st!

No problems to expect, right?

Can someone confirm the 181 days from Nov 3rd to May 2nd? and are my informations correct?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one more question,

they could calculate that may 2nd is the 180th day. Does anyone believe that they will pull some sort of western bureaucracy crap on him or do you think that when you give and take 5 to 10 days they won't mind because it kinda fulfills their requirements of leaving the country and not doing visa runs? Does now start a new 180 days period???

Hi guys, my Cousin intends to go back to Thailand with me next week!

his Arrival date will be May 2nd

His first entry since the new regulations was

[color:red]November 3rd[/color] (30 Days) + 2 days overstay

He visited Thailand from December to January (30 days)

and from march to April (30 days) + 6 days on a permitted 7 days visa extension

From what I believe to know the overstay + the visa extension aren't counted, he should be at 90 Days now! At worst case he would be at 98 days!

If my math skills are not completely wrong the period of 180 days from November 3rd will be over on May 1st!

No problems to expect, right?

Can someone confirm the 181 days from Nov 3rd to May 2nd? and are my informations correct?

??????????

??????????

My Understanding is he ENTERED on NOVEMBER 3, till DEC 5, SO, his time is used up till about June 5th.

Well if I got it right, he will not be allowed to enter. He has already spent, more than 90 days in country within the last 180 days.

I think its best to get a 60 day Visa, outside, of Thailand, before he arrives.

Hmmm, use you superior math skills, and count the # of days in country, in the last 180 days, at the time you wish to enter. If the # is over 90, no entry.

That is my reading, understand of the law.

Best to get a normal Visa, before arrival(60 days), both of you will save a lot of time and trouble.

Source: Ministry Of Foreign Affairs

Foreigners who enter the Kingdom under the Tourist Visa Exemption category may re-enter and stay in Thailand for a cumulative duration of stay of not exceeding 90 days within any 6-month period from the date of first entry.

in other words he is good to enter the country on May 2nd! I guess!

Hmmm, use you superior math skills, and count the # of days in country, in the last 180 days, at the time you wish to enter..

Well on which day would you start counting? :grin:

Start county back from the day he wishes to enter.

May 2nd, you mentioned.

So, May = 1 day

April 30 days

March 31

February 28

January 31

December 31

November 2nd 28

-----------

180 days

So Far, since as you said, Nov 3, 32 days

December to January 30

March to April 36

-------

98 days

Simply,go back from expected arrival date and count the days.

Starting May 2, back 180 days, brings to November, Since November 2, then over 90 days already.

Using your calculator, comes out the same.

Duration calculation results

From and including: Friday, November 3, 2006

To, but not including : Wednesday, May 2, 2007

It is 180 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 5 months, 29 days excluding the end date

Yeah the 180 days should be established now, I just wonder if the Immigration officers will make any problems for some reasons! The Law says you can stay 90 day within 6 months but it says nothing what happens after that. Of course by using some sort of farang logic I assume it will start all over again on May 2nd! But there is no official text saying that!

Archived