How Bad Will It Be???

>...I think the government doesn't want them out, >they just want them to pay! Embassies abroad cost >money and the only way to finance them is visa >service!

If Thailand wants to make $$$ for their visa service, let them do like they do in Oz...via the internet.

Easy. All electronic, no paperwork.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, if Thailand only wants to make money off the visas, why then do they make me, with an Imm O visa, need to step out of Thailand every 90 days, give my money to say Cambodia, then step back into Thailand for free? It would make much more sense in money/income terms for the Thais to just need/have you to go to your nearest Imm office, pay the money to THAILAND, and do so every 90 days, thereby taking this money from other countries for Thailand itself. Easy and simple to do really, and would be a good money maker for the government. It boggles the mind that the Thais give away this visa income to other countries for a simple 90 day visa stamp for Imm O holders. The IMM O is good for a year. But you need to get the stamp and step out of Thailand and come right back in. So, at around 1200 baht a pop 3 times a year the Thais could be making 3600 or more baht annual off of every IMM O visa holder rather than giving it away to Cambodia, Laos, and Malaysia.

Cent

And, if Thailand only wants to make money off the visas, why then do they make me, with an Imm O visa, need to step out of Thailand every 90 days, give my money to say Cambodia, then step back into Thailand for free? It would make much more sense in money/income terms for the Thais to just need/have you to go to your nearest Imm office, pay the money to THAILAND, and do so every 90 days, thereby taking this money from other countries for Thailand itself. Easy and simple to do really, and would be a good money maker for the government. It boggles the mind that the Thais give away this visa income to other countries for a simple 90 day visa stamp for Imm O holders. The IMM O is good for a year. But you need to get the stamp and step out of Thailand and come right back in. So, at around 1200 baht a pop 3 times a year the Thais could be making 3600 or more baht annual off of every IMM O visa holder rather than giving it away to Cambodia, Laos, and Malaysia.

Cent

I know this might sound strange but I always wondered if Thailand and say Cambodia reached some kind of agreement re visa money, a sort of trade off perhaps against some export from Thailand. Otherwise as Cent says why give all that money away.

I remember you ranting about that at breakfast. :) My question is; When the Thai embassy issues you a Visa how does the money end up in Cambodian hands?

I never made a visa run in my life that's why it is beyond my logic how the are NOT making money from it!

However you are totally right as usual that it is utter nonsense to send the people to another country so they can come back to continue their life!

I am not a supporter of the whole visa system since it is prehistoric nonsense but the 90/180 days regulation is a good one! It really kicks out the wankers who are living here without contributing anything! Now they can decide case by case to let him back in!

A less confusing law would have been if they would have granted a cumulative stay of 180 days per year and had limited each stay for 30 days! Which is totally the same law just easier to understand!

Don't pad me on the shoulder for coming up with such an easy law, I have studied 8 years they didn't have a chance ;)

Cent

So why don't you apply for a 1 year extension? Cost for that and the re-entry permit all stay in Thailand. I think it costs like 1900 baht or something.

TH

>So why don't you apply for a 1 year extension? Cost >for that and the re-entry permit all stay in >Thailand. I think it costs like 1900 baht or >something.

>TH

As far as I know, you can not renew the "O" visa here in Thailand.

You can convert it to a "retirement visa" if you have all the conditions met.

Did I use the word "renew"? Don't think so. You can get a 1 year extension of a "O" visa based on marriage or retirement. You indeed have to meet the conditions.

The poster was complaining as to why he had to leave the country every 90 days, money he alleges leaves Thailand and could be better spent in country. I was simply pointing out that he did not need to allegedly spend the money outside Thailand. From previous posts, it would seem the poster easily qualifies for an extension and IMHO was simply finding an excuse to complain.

Archived