How Bad Will It Be???

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He got in without any problems, they didn't even counted but we knew that already before we went on the plane. The Thai Airways flight manager told us already that they don't check such things on a Diplomatic Counter where we will brought to with our first class ticket! The lady that drove the electric car told me the same, she said they don't check first class passengers from Europe or the USA, they are considered quality tourists and can come as many times as they want.

However this is not an official statement but I saw how the officer handled the passport, he stamped it without even looking at the other stamps!

He got in without any problems, they didn't even counted but we knew that already before we went on the plane. The Thai Airways flight manager told us already that they don't check such things on a Diplomatic Counter where we will brought to with our first class ticket! The lady that drove the electric car told me the same, she said they don't check first class passengers from Europe or the USA, they are considered quality tourists and can come as many times as they want.

However this is not an official statement but I saw how the officer handled the passport, he stamped it without even looking at the other stamps!

Interesting. Quality Tourist factor.

i have read, that the Visa regulations (on arrival 'visa') has changed again on 1st April.

1 thing has changed and 3 things has been cleared up!

Change:

you now can stay from your recent 180 days period into the next one if you don't exceed your 90 days total. Before you had to leave the country on the days your 180 days expire regardless if you had only 10 days in total.

Clear ups

you can enter as many times as you want, not only 3 times like some confused people thought!

the 180 days aren't rolling they are counted in blocks, it was made clear that the 6 months are calculated as 180 days.

Overstays and tourist visa extensions are not counted towards the VoA/TV Exemmpt days!

One personal note. I have read this law now 100 times and explored the internet about all possible reports, explanation etc..

It has been said that this law is confusing which it is not. There are just many people who can't read good. It is all perfectly described. 90 days in total within 6 months. 6 Months in international bank language equals with 180 days. The 3 entry rumor comes from those illegal subjects that want to live her and are too stupid to get a Visa.

The 180 days are of course not rolling because it says "IN ANY 180 DAYS PERIOD counted from the FIRST ENTRY"

You go on Thai Visa and read a lot of crap about interpretations and you will notice that it is people that are a lot in neighbor countries who had loads of consecutive entries and people that had to leave and come back due to the 180 days expiry date. Not a single one was deported!

Interesting. Quality Tourist factor

Nothing new about that, try do a search on "quality tourists" on this board.

Afterall it has only been a few years since predominantly the backpackers "infested" the islands of Thailand. TAT`s wording.

Surely we cannot have that.

If you ask me this whole new Visa thing is temporary for 1 year or so! I totally understand that they wanna get rid off those who live here on visa exempt stamps and doesn't contribute anything to the country. It looks bad for you if you have many Cambodia or Malaysia or Vietnam Stamps in your passport every 30 days, I have read many reports that the embassies won't issue them a Visa anymore.

I think the government doesn't want them out, they just want them to pay! Embassies abroad cost money and the only way to finance them is visa service!

I come to this conclusion because there was no software created yet to count the days. The passports are machine readable and a minor script that even I could code would recognize you and would show the officer within a blink of an eye how long this guy was here within the 180 days period! Since they don't come up with that they have figured it takes us 1 year including all loop holes to get the long term tourists out and make them come back with a decent non immigrant "o" visa!

The quality tourist statement was just them being polite to my cousin, fact is he came from Germany and leaves the country every 2nd month, he is obviously none of those they want to kick out!

Bananas! :)

Makes just as much sense as that crappy little tool!

I am sure the immigration officers don't use this tool, it also doesn't make a difference between issued visas, extensions and doesn't show the 180 days period! This has nothing to do with what I have said and this tool is only borderline helpful, every grown up person shouldbe able to add 3 numbers not higher than 30 together :)

Archived