Red Sea Scuba and Mid-East Tour

gawguy

Hi...

Does anyone have any info or hints for travel to Mideast for tour and scuba. I want to learn more what is going on first hand and I want to dive.

What is the least expensive way to fly there from USA or Thailand? Combined trip. USA to Thailand to Mideast to USA ?? Is that a good routing? Or very expensive routing?

Just starting to look into this. I think I would go to Mideast for about a month.

Thanks,

Gaw Guy

Other than Egypt, and perhaps a few spots in Oman and the UAE, I would give the Middle East a miss when it comes to Scuba. Other than a few (and they are comparatively poor) spots, the sand content, low visibility, and lack of any significant species, makes Scuba pretty dull over here. Head to the Maldives instead.

Other than Egypt, and perhaps a few spots in Oman and the UAE, I would give the Middle East a miss when it comes to Scuba. Other than a few (and they are comparatively poor) spots, the sand content, low visibility, and lack of any significant species, makes Scuba pretty dull over here. Head to the Maldives instead.

Just about anywhere on the Red Sea is great; UAE and Oman are on the Persian Gulf they tend to have less vis. The Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia near Jedda was the best diving I have ever seen.

S1

Archived