5am closing time for zoned nightspots

khunsanuk

Again, as discussed earlier the newly legislated closing times for Nana, Cowboy and Clinton will be 2AM (Remember, the legal closing time is presently 1AM, stretched until 2 or 3 AM).

Pat Pong will be 5 AM. However, most of the GoGo bars will close earlier unless they have enough customers to justify the expense.

All of this commotion about closng times will be over in about two weeks when the annual police reshuffle is completed. We go through it every year, just not normally as vicious as this year. I doubt Khun Thaksin even knows there is a crackdown, much less orchestrating it.

One of the DJs at Clinton Plaza hit Pat Pong last night (Friday) at 4:30 AM and says it was going strong. I haven't been able to get a confirmation on this.

quote:

Originally posted by Palatkik:

Just curious as to why you always seem from your posts to leave picking up the girls until the end of the night ... I would be wary of this behavior as well ... surely a person of your charms can pull a stunner earlier on...Cheers,

Do I know you Palatkik? Not sure if I have met you or not. But, I do appreciate your compliment although I don't know if it is my charm or my wallet that enable me to pull stunners.

You are right on with your comment and I wish I had a good answer for you. I turned down stunners in each gogo bar in NEP Friday night. Same thing Saturday night in Soi Cowboy. I ended up with a lady from Sukhumvit Friday and one from Thermae Saturday - but, they were goooooood!

But, why do I keep passing up on the ones I meet earlier? I just don't know. I have some theories I guess. One, I just have so much fun in the bars when I am out, I hate to leave the fun, grab a lady and head home. Two, I hate paying barfines - sorry, that is just me, although I do pay barfines on occasions. Three, I have this warped sense or feeling that there will always be a better stunner in the next bar. Stupid huh? Finally, when I am out with a bunch of guys, including newbies, I seem obligated to stay out with them until (a) they get ladies (B) the evening ends. Again, not too smart, but I guess I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to these things.

Having said that, you won't hear me complain one bit. I am having lots of fun in the bars, and almost always end up with a great lady - despite my proscrastination.

Any shrinks out there?

Thanks for your post Palatkik.

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

Not sure if I have met you or not.

I don't think we have met. I have enjoyed some of your posts esp on asfo where I have another alias, and noticed this common theme to your work.

I know the feeling when it comes to non stop partying through the bars, but I often felt disappointed at the end of it all taking home what's left after 2am realising what I has passed by. It was more because I was trying to keep my mates pleased I suppose and just needed one more for the road. Perhaps I'm getting too old for that these days!

Cheers,

It just keeps getting worse. Last night (Monday)Nana Plaza and Disco closed down about 12:50am! I was in Thermae and the lights came on at about 1:25am.

This is starting to really blow! I figured I had till 2am to make a move on a couple I had my eye on and next thing I knew they were kicking everybody out. On Saturday night Nanaplaza and Disco were shut down about 1:45am. Maybe they are slowly moving to a 1am closing. I could probably learn live with that but it would be NICE TO KNOW EXACTLY WHEN THE CLOSING TIME IS SO I COULD ADJUST MY PLANS ACCORDINGLY!!!

Archived