5am closing time for zoned nightspots

khunsanuk

Hi,

From the Bangkok Post:

------------------------------------------

5am closing time for zoned nightspots

Entertainment places in Bangkok will be allowed to operate until 5am if they are situated in six zones the police are working out with the city administration.

Pol Maj-Gen Boriboon Wuthipakdi, deputy city police chief, said after meeting with city officials yesterday that the six zones being considered were Patpong, Phetchaburi-Rama IX roads including the Royal City Avenue, Rama III road, Ram Intra and outer ringroad, Ratchada Pisek from Rama IX to Lat Phrao,

and the Tha Phra area from Taksin to Phetkasem road.

Such entertainment places must be located at least 200m away from hospitals, schools and religious places, he said.

"Those located outside the zones must close at 1am as required under the current law that is now relaxed to 2am,"

Pol Maj-Gen Boriboon said.

------------------------------------------

Somehow I don't really see this happening though.

Also note that the only farang area included is the tourist spot Patpong.

Sanuk!

quote:

Originally posted by Khun Sanuk:

... places must be located at least 200m away from hospitals, schools and religious places...

Isn't the Bangkok Christian hospital within 200m from Patpong? I would imagine so.

quote:

Originally posted by phiketpete:

My understanding is that Cowboy will be closing at 1.00 am until further notice.

This would tie in with The Bangkok Post article

2 times last week (thursday and friday);

at the moment back to 2.00 am, but you can always stay longer in some bars if you entertain the girls

Spoke to three of the owners in Cowboy last night. It's their understanding that their closing time is legally 1AM, but that the police will continue to look the otherway until 2AM. Also more relaxed attitude on shows.

Nana will be 2AM or until the police arrive.

Hate to be one of the girls working the Pong..start dancing 7:30, finish at 5 AM? Whew. Probably will split the shifts.

quote:

Originally posted by follies:

Was in Soi Cowboy Thursday, finally left one of the bars at 2:15AM, many bars still with lights on.

....so it seems to be a "night-by-night" thing

I agree with follies.

I was in Angelwitch last night (Friday) when the lights came on BEFORE 2AM. Paid my bill and went over to Titty Twister - lights on and barstools on the bar. Down to Bottoms Up and a few finishing drinks, but lights on.

You could get trampled by the stampede out of NEP at the entrance. A Great Exodus to Thermae - which, of course, was closed upon arrival. Confused ensues. Fortunately, I grabbed a lady who was just walking down Sukhumvit. While I am reluctant to do this for a variety of reasons, there are little options after 2AM - especially after reading Dan's fine report on the Grace. Thanks for saving me a trip there Dan.

One optimistic comment from Khun Santos last night. He said the word is two more weeks of this and then the new police cadres will be in place, and it will be back to the good old days of 5AM.

I hope so, because this is starting to suck.

It is interesting to see Patpong included as one of the 6 areas. When zoning was first mentioned a month or two ago Patpong was to be outside the designated area and Sukhumvit up to Asoke, about which there is no mention this time, was to be included.

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

Fortunately, I grabbed a lady who was just walking down Sukhumvit. While I am reluctant to do this for a variety of reasons, there are little options after 2AM -

Just curious as to why you always seem from your posts to leave picking up the girls until the end of the night ... I would be wary of this behavior as well ... surely a person of your charms can pull a stunner earlier on...Cheers,

Archived