Last Seen In Bangkok

teddy

Anyone read the book that is advertised on this forum. Is it worth reading?

Teddy

There is a very good review of the book on www.lulu.com (written by an old hand poster from this board). Its a good read in my opinion if you like Thailand (adult scene) based novels and its got a great twist in the tale.

However let me admit I am a friend of the author. :thumbup: :D

It's probably utter crap, just like all the rest of these Bangkok underground scene / bars / prostitution / gullible farang claptrap nonsense.

Candyfloss

Don't be a critic until you have read it please :thumbdown: :(

Sorry. :doah: I will read it first then comment. But I would sincerely like to see a new, fresh and original slant on the Farang / Thai relationship other than bars, girls, crime etc.

I doubt that you would find many farangs, either expat of visitor, who have not been involved in one two or maybe all three of the aforementioned subjects at one time or another during their time in Thailand.

If I was to write a book based on my time here I am sure that the 1991-99 chapters would be a far more entertaining read than 2000 onwards.

I have not read the book yet, I will try to pick it up second hand in BKK in a few months time if its available, if not available second hand then it has not sold too many copies in the first place. I will pass comment later

Me the Author at a Gullible's meet a few weeks back, from the same neck of the woods as me so salt of the earth guy.

Sorry. :doah: I will read it first then comment. But I would sincerely like to see a new' date=' fresh and original slant on the Farang / Thai relationship other than bars, girls, crime etc.[/quote']

I doubt that you would find many farangs, either expat of visitor, who have not been involved in one two or maybe all three of the aforementioned subjects at one time or another during their time in Thailand.

If I was to write a book based on my time here I am sure that the 1991-99 chapters would be a far more entertaining read than 2000 onwards.

I have not read the book yet, I will try to pick it up second hand in BKK in a few months time if its available, if not available second hand then it has not sold too many copies in the first place. I will pass comment later

Me the Author at a Gullible's meet a few weeks back, from the same neck of the woods as me so salt of the earth guy.

I ordered that book last night from Amazon.com and now you tell me it's written by a fooking Manc. :hmmm:

Oh well, I suppose I should have paid more attention to the book description before I placed the order, "From the gloom of Manchester to the heat of Bangkok".

Spot on about the gloom though. :neener:

Archived