How dumb are falangs? Hope this is not a trend..

BKKanalist

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"5,000 Baht is just totally insane"

5000 is not that outrageous in BKK... the insane part is those girls look that they were just picked up on lower Suk.

2000 and lower quality...

I concur 5000 baht would LT a cute girl in Pattaya for a week!!!!! :thumbup: :D

From my own experience, I'd disagree.

Firstly, guys come to Thailand partly because they think sex is cheap.

I know that when I was a newbie, before all these internet boards were here and before I'd gained experience, I assumed a level of pricing that was much LOWER than the actual typical price at the time. I actually had to raise my expected level of pricing.

I've noticed a similar assumption from any interested newbie (or potential newbie, interested in visiting Thailand). They always assume a much cheaper price and they're actually a little put off when I indicate a typical 1000-1500 ST price. They have it in their heads that a third world/developing country will be cheaper than that.

And they've got a point. Why would you bother to come so far if the pricing isn't that different from your own continent?

That's my personal experience anyway. I don't know where these idiots are coming from who overpay for average girls like those on that site.

Bibblies, i agree with that and my experience is very similar. Many people i've spoken too in the past who have never been to Thailand but are thinking of going are surprised when they ask me how much they are likely to have to pay. As you say they generally think it is going to be lower for what they consider a third world Asian country. These are generally blokes who don't use hookers in the UK. So as you asked, where are all the guys who pay silly dosh coming from? I think some are guys who make the mistake of comparing the cost of every thing too their home country and think they are getting a bargain if they pay a fraction less?! And some simply have more money than sense? And think the girls will fall for them if they give them more money?

Simie.

bibblies ,

I did not aim at fun tourists with my remark but at people who spent time in BKK for whatever reasons . for example a conference on global climate .they would not start to explore all possibilities available but would prefer fast service , price no matter . for them a catalog with details is just the perfect solution .

I recognise the pastel background for all those photos - it's the old Chonburi Ancient Hookers' Retirement Villas! (there are roadside signs in Thai and Japanese, you can still spot them on the way to Pattaya, I believe). I thought that place had been closed and torn down, but apparently not...

Christ, what idiot savant has stumbled upon this goldmine - take a bunch of over-the-hill, never-had-it-anyway TGs, throw in some homely my-cousin-has-a-farang-boyfriend girls from off the farm, slap a quadruple price tag on them, and let the Japanese and newbs (although it must be Japanese, surely) sign up for short time online! A plan so stupid, it just... might... work.... And if it doesn't work, well, the boss keeps the fifty baht that each lady paid for the opportunity to be photographed, which pays the rent on that Pattaya flat for another month or two...

Anyway, nice to see that the former Miss Sang Som Soi Thirteen 1997 winner is still in action, I always had a little thing for that snaggletooth of hers...

YimSiam

And they've got a point. Why would you bother to come so far if the pricing isn't that different from your own continent?

GF experience?

Then again I doubt that the pricing isn`t much different from your own continent, if you`re from a western country anyway.

Add to that, I am glad to have arrived to LOS in `92 for the first time without ever having read anything about the scene or anything else for that matter.

Wouldn`t have liked it any other way.

Reading up too much takes away the fun IMO.

cheers

hn

Reading up too much takes away the fun IMO.

Maybe in "those" days that you metioned, HN, i.e. 1992.

I think the girls are so much more mercenary now, (talking about BKK here, but to a lesser extent Pats as well), that a newbie who doesn't read up is going to be taken for an absolute ride and get fleeced for a lot of dough! :shocked:

For the common monger those prices are outrageous. However, for a business traveller that wants to keep a low profile and/or wants to avoid those sleazy private dicks hired by the wife, that site could prove to be quite useful and reasonable. No need to walk by Lucky Lukes only to find out later you were videotaped by...well you know :closemouth: .

Archived