Converting to Christianity

SiLeakHunt

I was recently on the road to Damascus (alright soi 7 Biergarden) and was struck by a blinding light and heard "Repenteth SiLeakHunt and find truth in the Saviour Our Lord."

This incident coincided with the ATM readout saying "Funds depleted return to UK for work" and I was wondering how Christianity would marry up with the gogo scene.

You'd have the Christian Gogo's where the priests wear skimpy Cotters and overcharge you for the alter wine.

Christian Beerbars where they're fully dressed but might show a bit of Cross.

Cristian Eden where you get blessed to within an inch of your life by two priests at once.

Christian Nana Disco where you can't quite remember if you were there or not or if you took a priest home with you but wake up with a cross stamped on your wrist and Christian Pattaya where there's so many priests you never receive communion from the same one twice but the congregation are a bit backwards.

Anyone got any other suggestions about how the P4P scene could accommodate the worlds number one faith?

Cheers

Do as some say Jesus did, marry a prostitute - Mary Magdeline.

Do as Jesus did. He didn't go to war. Instead he made wine and got everybody drunk.

He hung out with questionable characters and never discussed his sex life.

For the more devote Christian, they claim Jesus was God. And it was God (Jesus) who got Mary pregnant. Even the most devoted whoremongers never make such claims.

Do as some say Jesus did, marry a prostitute - Mary Magdeline.

Do as Jesus did. He didn't go to war. Instead he made wine and got everybody drunk.

He hung out with questionable characters and never discussed his sex life.

For the more devote Christian, they claim Jesus was God. And it was God (Jesus) who got Mary pregnant. Even the most devoted whoremongers never make such claims.

Wait...Jeasus was the son of Mary, Jeasus was god, god got Mary pregnant...? what? so which came first? Jeasus or god...how can a son get his mother pregnant and father himself...? Oh wait, he is god, he can do anything...too bad he didn't come up with a better story...

I prefer the simpler version in which Jesus liked hanging out with prostitutes, at least the one called Mary Magdeline. So this guy can't be all that bad and from what I heard, he could make a really good bottle of wine. Shit who could pass up not liking this guy especially when he let the booze flow freely and if he was here today and was president, we would not be in Iraq.

Makes sense...my guess is, if he existed, he was probably a cool guy, the type your mom/wife would not like you hanging around. My further guess is, his intent/meaning/true work has been bastardized by others over the years...

OH, you're confused by the Holy Trinity of mainline Christianity. Jesus said, "God, my Father, is one". (It is also not clear he was claiming to be the Son of God either, since calling the Almighty "my Father" was a common Jewish practice of the time.) But the later Christian church decided that God was actually three: God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Christian groups that didn't accept the Trinity were to be declared heretics and expelled. (The Unitarian-Universalists are the main US church that does not accept the Trinity.)

p.s. Muhammad got his "education" in Christianity from the Nestorians, a non-Trinitarian sect. That is why Muhammad has the baby Jesus speaking shortly after birth to announce that He is a prophet born of a virgin, but is not the Son of God. Whatever. :dunno:

Archived