While The World Does Nothing

bust

the generals would long have been out of power if:

(a) china would twist their their arms instead of propping them up;

(B) asean would slam its collective fist on the table instead of taking the brass to the golf course;

© india would keep them at arms lenght istead of cozying up...

yes, the us and eu could do a bit more but the arse-licking by the above-mentioned trio is hard to beat...

I am about 100% certain if the USA stepped in and did anything, somewhere in the world, someone would bitch about it as meddling...none the less, I agree, the world should be doing something in any place like this, where Dictators run amuk...Dafur, Burma, Iraq, Washington D.C....

Burma is a Chinese province in all but name. Forget any international involvement there.

Yeah, apart from the Oil and Gas China wants a strategic presence in the Indian Ocean - my betting is on a full scale naval port eventually (when they have finished building the navy).

and their lease won't run out after 99 years :smirk:

Its sad but it is one of a few places the world watches and does nothing (darfur for instance).

The UN security council is impotent and the body as a whole. Also, its ALWAYS China and/or Russia objecting to any thing being done about any glaring injustice. Okay, once in a while the U.S. does that but I'm amazed at the pass China and Russia get when they object to any denouncement of obvious injustices or they have any kind of statement watered down.

Burma just isn't important enough to the right people/countries.

Archived