Are we in for a turbulent year?

Gadfly

I will disagree about the prices of girls, many now want a lot more, and some hold the line on rediculis price quotes, others are willing to settle on reality. In the last 3 weeks, I was quoted 3000bht for dancers, SHORT TIME, and one Nana Lobby queen said she wanted 5000for short time, but might stay longer...this was at 03:30a.m. or so

Hmmm...I have not noticed a major change in prices, and I haven't gotten any younger since 2001. At 3:30 a.m. stranges things can happen in BKK. That sounds like a try-on to me.

Indeed, right now, at the end of May, the girls seem a bit more, ehr, eager (desperate is too strong a word). The weather sucks, its May, the political situation is shaky, Japanese tourism is down, and well, its low season.

Anyway, I plan on doing a comparison taste test with Pattaya starting tomorrow - getting out of the Big Mango for an extra long weekend. Probably nothing will happen tomorrow (but it's a good excuse to leave town early - the Thai side of management is doing this), NEP is getting boring and Soi Cowboy, well, I am tired of paying 140 baht for a beer.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mainly what I am talking about is the girls I don't already know throwing out some outrageous figure before agreeing to go...this has gone way up from before. Additionally, I am noticing a lot of "schills" in some bars coming in to negotiate for the girl, this happened 4 times out of 6 that I was thinking of pulling from a gogo. Some street walkers were throwing out high prices as well...but offered to drop them...I don't negotiate up front so I passed.

Indeed, do go and do more field research, I no doubt speak for the board when I say wee appreciate you hard work and sacrifice! :)

Archived