Any opinions about Illegal Immigrants in USA

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I see no reason why the USA couldn't absorb a bunch of new legal immigrants...

Sure, after the USA takes care of its legal citizens that have been living and paying taxes in the USA all their lives (20, 30, 80+ years).

How about medical care...

How about a decent social security benefit...etc.

After the legal citizens are cared for, sure, help out the others!!!

Actually, they have a large wave of baby boomers about to retire. The government keeps trying to make the point that, each year, fewer and fewer workers are paying the taxes to support those on Social Security and Medicare. So, why not allow for a bunch of younger workers? People that will work and pay taxes. Of course if all those people end up on welfare, the problem only gets worse.

Rex

You can request a SSN statement online which inlcudes an estimate of benefits at various retirment ages.

Since you are Vietnam vet, I assume you were born between 1942 to 1954. Your full retirment age is then 65 and 10 months to 66 and 2 months.

I thought I read that you have worked in Thai schools most of your adult life. How does that work for getting US social security benfits?

"The government keeps trying to make the point that, each year, fewer and fewer workers are paying the taxes to support those on Social Security and Medicare."

I like the point "the government keeps trying to make the point" which is saying the one who has put that thought into our head is the government. The government employees never mention to us that they do not belong to Social Security and that their system works beautifully. Why can't we be transferred over to the system that really works?

My neighbor in the USA works for the railroad. He has never been in the social security system as the railroad has their own.

His "social security" from the railroad will be four times higher ($$$ mak mak!) then what I will be getting!!!

WTF........

Actually, there are two federal government employee pension systems. One is the Civil Service Retirement System. That system covers those employees originally hired prior to 1983?. Around that time, Congress dreamed up a new pension plan for federal employees called the Federal Employees Retirement System. Part pension, part Social Security, part Thrift Savings Plan (like a 401K). I guess congress figured out the earlier plan was just too expensive, so they designed a new retirement plan that included social security and a person's own savings. So yes, many current government employees are covered by Social Security.

Rex

Archived