BG’s traveling with farang in LOS

Hunnia

Whenever I go to LOS I have a one-week BG girlfriend (not always the same). I like to go to the countryside, to Chiang Mai or to Phuket with my temporary GF. She always wants to hold my hand what I try to resist because it immediately identifies her as a BG. She dresses like a typical working girl (tight jeans, etc) so there is no doubt that everybody knows her profession. I always try to buy some decent clothes for her for the trips trying to hide the obvious fact. However, after the shopping spree she still looks like a BG if she selects the clothes. Does not she know that her dressing, behavior (hand holding) identifies her in the hotel, restaurant, and street as a bargirl? Does not it bother her at all?

Thank you for your input.

Hunnia

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hunnia,

I believe you know I do same same. But when I take a bg for travel I rather chose an older one (I am not that young myself) I find these to be more mature (as far as you can take this) and they dress decently.

There is always a lot of talking going around with the locals, anything goes for a chat, the fruitstall vendor, the taxi driver or motorbike driver, the restaurant waiter etc etc.

I do understand some Thai, so I always listen what they talk about. The lady always seems to be proud to be on her way with a farang, always tels where we came from, where we are heading to, what we are going to visit etc.

Some lisiteners take it very easy on us, a minority seems somewhat reluctant. All certainly now her profession. This does not seem to be disturbong to them. Neither do I care, why should I?

All of the ladies have been more than corect to me, except one, which I met for the second time and I had to dump her on day 4.

Worthwhile life experiences in general.

Thalenoi,

Indeed I know that you do the same and I was sure that you would answer my post. I also always try to find somebody older but somehow end up with a pretty young thing aged 20 – 25. Maybe I go to the wrong bar but older girls these days tend to be a little overweight what I do not like. Anyway, you are right, I do not care at all what others think. However, I was thinking about the bg, how does she feel? Does it not bother her that everybody knows what is her profession? Maybe they already hardened so much that they lost their shame. One time I brought a bg into my hotel (Merchant Court) and this hotel is not guest friendly at all. I was almost able to smuggle her in when we were caught by a security guard at my floor level. We had to go down and register her; she had to give her ID and I had to pay 800 baht for a joiner fee. I felt very embarrassed but seemingly she did not care at all. Maybe this answers my own question. They just don’t care what others think about them as long as the money keeps coming. I still plan to enjoy the country with a bg travel companion whenever I have the chance.

Hunnia

Imagine if you saw a Japanese or European in America with one of those gaudy street side hookers you used to see in Times Square NY or Sunset Blvd. The one with the hot pants with fish nets and high heels, fake wigs and they were parading around LA or NY in the 4 seasons hotel. Wouldn't you laugh or snicker? Sort of like the movie 'Pretty Woman' but only not much worse.

Maybe its like that to the Thai populace.

I don't so much worry about walking around with a BG in Pattaya but I would admit doing so in other places. I definitely do not hold hands! I don't even do that in the states! (lol).

When I first met Nok, July last year, she also acted in ways that made her stand out like a bargirl in places away from the main tourist centres. She'd wear heavy gaudy lipstick in daytimes, fairly short skirts and light blouses, hold hands and occasionally grope me playfully while walking down to street along the beachfront.

But she gradually changed over time. She still wants to hold my hand walking in public, but doesn't grope in inapprpriate ways anymore. Her make-up is very restrained now, no more over the top lipstick etc.

On my last visit (last week, see elsewhere) we went to MBK, and she selected a very conservative , well cut gray long skirt, and modest white shirt to wear above it. She looked totally different than last year. I felt a lot more comfortable. We went to Hard Rock Cafe after that (her idea), and I was proud to be out with her.

She's been going to a fulltime training school for beauticians over the past few months, and took me there to show me the school. (although I suspect it was also to show me to her fellow students). I think attending the school, and being in "normal" society rather than in bar life is modyfying her behaviour a bit. The school is quite a large institution, over 3 or four floors, with at least 120 or more students. She told me that a number of other her fellow students have falang boyfriends. I think she must have talked about me, and felt she had to show me to prove I actually existed.

Paying them? Yes, I'm not sure if I am over or under shooting. What I do is: 2000B a day if it is 2-5 days, plus all bar fines and all expenses, entertainment, all meals, travel...

I repeatedly go out with one girl only and that's my estimation of how much she could have earned in the bar. I never accepted "money not important" from her, I know what she makes her living of.

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Lazaro ]

No matter what you do, if there are any tatoos visible that will also identify her. I hate tatoos and don't understand why they do that to their beautiful skin.

I especially hate those big ones they put on their lower back. Those tatoo's might as well just say "I'm a bargirl".

My favorite girl from my flagship trip went to see me off to the airport and only at this time did I feel uncomfortable. She however never batted an eye both of us knowing that the airport prudes were looking at us. She had on her short tight skirt and that kind of removed all doubt about her being a bargirl. Plus she is walking this farang around the airport at 5am. Reeked of bargirl-farang last night in heaven. At one point while we were eating at the Burger King in Terminal 1, this Japanese woman (maybe lighter skinned Thai) turned around to look at us exchanging information with our pidgin english and snickered. I made sure I connected eyes with her several times and made her uncomfortable too. Other wise on the skytrain and in her neighborhood I had no problem walking around with her. She was always holding my hand like a prize. Up a little in the air instead of down by our hips. She was NEVER uncomfortable with the situation.

Mykal

Archived