Michael Moore Faces U.S. Treasury Probe

Fidel

>I don't know about you, but I'd much rather watch a >Moore documentary than watch "Celebrity Ballroom >Dancing" or "The Apprentice".

I am a "bad" american as I have never seen such TV or movies as "The Apprentice" or Seinfeld or any of those, what I consider, stupid/meaningless shows.

I see many celebs that are all "up in arms" about this or that, but when it gets close to their home, they shrink away and do nothing.

Case in point, Barbara Streisland

So, it is OK for her (just a real example) to put on airs to plead this and that to the public, but when it gets too close to home (literally in tis case), she slams on the brakes.

IMO, very false motives and just seeking publicity! Same-same for Moore and may others, but each at different levels of credibility.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moore makes $$$ from what he "tackles"...that's it.

Like I have said above, he lost 60 Million Dollars by donating Fahrenheit 9/11 free of charge to every countries biggest network in the whole world if it was shown 2 day before the election!

He was blowing 60 Million in the wind because he makes it for money? No he blew it in the wind because he loves that country and he wanted to make a change!

If someone is doing good work he deserves to make good money. Period!

I agree with Fidel that Moore is very talented because he was the one who mixed entertainment and documentary because he knew the people would listen more when they feel entertained!

One more thing' date=' seems America is the only country in the world where Liberal is a bad word! Chew on that for a while before you laugh, actually it is not even funny!

[/quote']

Chew a little more and you'll find even moreso for 'Conservative'.

Like I have said above, he lost 60 Million Dollars by donating Fahrenheit 9/11 free of charge to every countries biggest network in the whole world if it was shown 2 day before the election!

I wonder how many millions we've all lost by writing for free for LOS boards? Since those networks probably wouldn't have paid to show his film, he wasn't really losing or sacrificing anything through his "donation." What he gained was publicity (or notoriety, if you prefer).

As it was, Moore made about $30 million on Fahrenheit 9/11. He has to be one of the individuals who has personally profited the most from 9/11 and the Iraq War. It can be argued big corporations have profited more, but in terms of money that went straight into the pocket, few individuals have done as well as Moore on the war.

I don't begrudge him his money, he worked hard enough for it and is a marketing genius, but he's nowhere near as concerned about America's poor as makes out to be. The "Rabbit Lady" in "Roger and Me" was quite pissed at him and has said he tricked her. She thought she'd be paid more if the film did well, but she had signed a "receipt" for $200 that turned out to be a contract under which she gave up all rights to further compensation.

And some of those approached to appear in "Sicko" said Moore's production company claimed doctors in Cuba had developed new treatments for cancer that weren't available in the U.S. He held out the hope of a cure when there was none.

There are also those who say, on the basis of tax documents on capital gains and losses signed by Moore, that he owned shares in Halliburton and a number of other big multi-nationals.

Evel

:devil:

>IRAQ IS ABOUT PROFITEERING<

change "profiteering" to "colonialism" & now you have an issue that the Irish have experience with.

>Is it that Americans are becoming like the Irish<

Irish (without the bully boy colonialists) have done quite well out from under colonial domination.

the irish success in the new world rivals the success of any ethnic group .. outside the convenience store / massage parlor realm.

>Over the past few years Americans have become >hyper-sensitive about being told that their country >is being run by a bunch of lying, money grubbing >hypocrites and is not being run in their interests.

>Isn't it amazing, mind control on a massive scale.

I think most Americans are not "hyper-sensitive" about the bashing we are getting but mostly frustrated by the fact that we feel helpless to correct things.

Example...Prez elections, we are "given" (more like forced upon us) the "best" candidates to vote for...300,000,000 people in the USA and we get...we all know the type we get...

News media....elections...can they report on the issues???? Can the candidates really inform the people what they really plan to do? how they intend to solve problems? NO...the candidates only lie to cover up their lame voting records...blah-blah-blah

Frustrated!!! :banghead::cussing::soapbox::stirthepo:spank::wanker:

Archived