rayong

i will shortly be going to rayong is it close enough to pattaya that i could get there and back in an couple of hours or is there any action in rayong itself

No farang action in Rayong. Pattaya is about 45 minutes away, depending on far into Rayong you will be.

Would not recomend the drive after an evening in Pattaya.

Do you know where you will be staying? I have lived in Rayong area for about the last 6 months.

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: THAIHOME ]

Agreed there is no farang orientated action in Rayong at present, but this will change once the work on the new plants starts (Bayer Chemicals, Caltex etc).

For a more local scene than Pattaya you could always check out Ban Chang, There is the Offshore Bar, McAllisters Bar and Grill (Mein Host Don Mc is a laugh a minute and an all round great guy), plus a couple of other bars whos names I have forgotten, all down the same soi.

On the other side of the main road (Highway 3)just behind the shopping mall ther is an area with 20 or so small bars catering for the farang sanuk scene.

Rayong has some laid back thai style karaoke/lunch dinner places. Interesting Thai Style disco (Hollywood) and a number of "massage" parlours.

Nothing in the way of farang oriented bars. Unfortunately most of my experiences are negative as a great percentage of people I met just wanted to bleed me of baht.

<<burp>>

Archived