1:20 a.m. at Nana on a Friday Night

Gadfly

Just for the record and not to contradict

the most bars have drink quotas, let's assume that 70 drinks are the average quota, the average comission is 40 baht. It sounds like much but the girls usually meet their Quotas because it is just 2 drinks per night and if they don't do it they get the coupons from their friends, otherwise there would be a cut in salary. A good looking girls easily makes 6 to 10 drinks 1 night, very easy!

I think talking about the average or ugly girls is pointless because they dont have success no matter where they work! A stunner that generates easily 250 drinks gets 10,000 baht if a show girl a 15,000 baht salary + 50% barfine and if she is hot she gets at lest 15 barfines + boom boom income... a good looking girl makes good money, not a chance she would rather be a freelancer! Guys seem not to care as much about the commitment to the bar, they pay them to stop! They have all sorts of fantasies why this girl would love them? I don't think more freelancers get a sponsor as BGs, like I have said I rather see freelancers having someone already! I like freelancers, they are good performers. Actually I don't make a difference, a hot girl is a hot girl!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CT, i'm delighted to hear you are going to be both a customer and employee friendly bar owner! :) I know show bars have different problems that ordinary gogos don't encounter and that as the owner you obviously need to not let them adversely affect the business. Interesting you mentioned the demise of soi pattayaland 2. I've seen that soi change over a few years from one of my favourites to one i would'nt bothert with at all now. I think many factors contributed to that over a period of a few years. Before Walking street really took off as the gogo bar capital of Pattaya, pattayaland 2 was very popular and had more bars than at present many with lots of attractive girls who where good fun and good value. They then started to get greedy, both the owners and the girls that is and as the attitude and the levels of service declined so the prices for drinks, lady drinks, bar fines and the girls services went up. And along came more nonsense in the form of one of my pet hates (if you had'nt already gathered?!), the bar fine curfew in many bars. At the same time Walking street was booming, with new bars, loads of pretty girls and many places offering happy hours or cheap draught etc. As you implied most punters now see no point of even going up pattayaland 2 at all.

Simie.

I hate to contradict but since the high season is over I find Pattaya has a stunning quality of girls!

I hope you're right because I'll be over there to check soon!

But until then, I'd agree with Hardy. It is odd but, in my meagre Pattaya experience, the better lookers weren't in the gogos. Trust me, I trawl the gogos but I had real difficulty finding any real knockouts (for me, read "big (real) tits" :) ). It was well after midnight and in Walking Street venues until I really saw anything interesting.

Bibblies...

Please explain something to me!

WHY go to Thailand to find big tits???

Surely that's like going to Crewe to find culture!!

Must be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Oh - when you talk big tits, are silicon-enhanced okay or do they have to be naturally big? If you don't do silicon, that would *REALLY* narrow down your options even more!

Interesting discussion. The way I see it, bars with winning strategies will prosper while those with losing strategies will not. And there can be several winning strategies to cater to different customers with different interests.

For Gogo bar girls it is much harder to find a sponsor due to the commitment to the bar and the daily barfine that will have to be paid. It is much more expensive to take a gogo dancer for a 2 weeks trip to Samui/Phuket. However, the main reason is the mind set of the punters, especially of younger guys - while bar girls are clearly prostitutes working in a bar, the freelancers who always studies, or works in beauty salon, Big C... are considered as 'normal' girls.

I don't know Pattaya well, but I know Bangkok, and this is certainly true in Bangkok. I know a number of ex go go girls that have re-invented themselves as "normal" girls to keep lucrative sponserships going. Since I live here, have their mobile numbers, can meet them early in the evening and can be counted on not to say anything, I am safe extracirricular activity even if I am not paying top Baht. I might even be conscripted into explaining some English word they don't understand and, more than once, help explain an email or SMS they received from an overseas friend (but I don't do translations.)

Some are quite candid about their sponsorships some are not. But even with those who are not, it is pretty obvious.

One has a mini-mart that is losing money, two apartments (one is clearly the sponosored apartment), started cooking classes and then computer classes when the cooking classes panned out and will disappear for a week or so at a time to "go home" and visit her family but then trip up after a few beers and start talking about her recent trip to Koh Samui or Phuket. I don't think ex go go girls stay at Poppies when the visit Koh Samui with their girlfriends, but this is what I was told and why question a tale this tall. :D

I think sponsorhip is on the rise, particualarly with the more attractive girls, primarily because of cheaper international calling, SMS messages and, probably to a lesser extent, email. All of this makes it easier to maintain those emotional ties. Sponorships are not about sex, but delusions of romance and fictional relationships.

These girls are still available during the 90% of the time their sponsors are not in town, but not in their usual venues (too dangerous). If you live here, it is not that bad, but if you are regular visitor (and don't buy into the sponsorship fiction), I can understand why it is so damn annoying.

Not much we can do about it, except be honest with others, particularly newbies, about what is really going, but I doubt that will do much since (a) most visitors don't have access to information about what really goes on here and (B) don't want to believe it when they do.

Bibblies...

Please explain something to me!

WHY go to Thailand to find big tits???

Surely that's like going to Crewe to find culture!!

Must be like finding a needle in a haystack!

A valid question.

I don't really go to Thailand to find big tits per se and I do like other girls but when I see ones with big tits and relatively small waists, it's a "knockout situation" (i.e. it's a "see, feel the tingling and lock in" :) )

Have to be natural and big relative to the rest of the body (i.e. tits big where the rest of the body is even bigger don't count).

Yes, it is a tough find. :( All the others are in-betweeners. Still, not too bad. :D

If you live here, it is not that bad, but if you are regular visitor (and don't buy into the sponsorship fiction), I can understand why it is so damn annoying.

Yep, it is! :mad:

It's the most annoying thing out there today, along with lack of showing. (In fact, both problems are lack of showing. If a girl is at home raking it in from gullible sponsors, she ain't showing. :doah: )

Worst thing is that I've only got a few contacts, even after all these years. One is a girl I definitely would never have found again if I didn't happen to keep her email address. It's really annoying to think of the ones I don't have.

E.g. A couple of years ago I happened to see a girl I hadn't seen on the scene for ages. She used to do naked shows at Carnival and Baccara when just 18. Her tits had got even bigger since then (and she hadn't got fatter otherwise) :shocked:

This girl refused payment the next day, asking if she could be my "girlfriend" and pushing a scrap of paper with her number into my hand. I got casual, forgot to enter the number in my phone, lost the piece of paper and haven't seen her since. :banghead:

Obviously that was at the start of the 'get a girl's number' period when I hadn't got used to it and dangerously assumed I could see her around.

Now where could I even possibly catch up with this girl again? :(

Archived