Could this be the national dish of Thai360

teddy

How about Grated Fanny?

gratedfanny.jpg

"Every now and again, right out of the blue comes a king amongst rude foods. And Grated Fanny is surely a king. Fiona and Mark discovered it as surreptitiously as they discovered Aruba, a Carribean island paradise which is an independent outpost of the Netherlands. I've just spent a happy half hour perusing their website, and it looks mighty fine to me.

Fanny would be fantastic enough, but Grated Fanny sounds too outrageous to be true. Furthermore, Fanny is 'light meat', and is clearly fishy. Everything that springs to mind is naughty. Fanny is covered in oil, and you could easily start the day with Fanny on toast, although my gut instinct would be to have Fanny with mayonnaise (I'm keen to avoid adding sweetcorn, which suddenly seems unsavoury). Or perhaps, for the protein junkies, just a mouthful of Fanny. Thankfully they draw short of supplying serving suggestions.

The really amazing thing in all this is that they know the word tuna, so why call it Grated Fanny? You wouldn't catch John West calling their own 'entry' into the market 'Ladybits in Sunflower Oil'.

NOTE for Americans - in the UK, fanny does not mean ass."

Archived